FA Cup 2020

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: FA Cup 2020

Post by Dannie Boy »

I agree about the FA Cup having lost most of its magic - back in the 70’s and 80’s if a lower division team got drawn against a first division side (now Premier) you could guarantee that they’d be playing the first team of the top team, now it’s often mainly the reserves and under 23’s that are blooded, so whilst it would still count as a scalp, it’s by no means the achievement it used to be. Having said that, I’d rather they keep the FA cup alive but drop the League Cup (whatever it’s called these days).
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:22 pm Yes, of course there is a little money to be made, but when you take travel, accommodation, food, etc from the 75K, and weigh it against the potential cost of injuries and suspensions it isn't an awful lot. Get your star player injured for a couple of months, and it could also affect your league status. A small team like Plymouth can't afford a second stream capable of playing at a high level.

Don't get me wrong, I love the magic of the FA Cup, and the potential giant killing, but I'm never upset when Plymouth are knocked out. The first thing I always check is the injury list and Yellow/Red Card count.
Not to sure it is little money besides the tv rights below is a list of the money recieved for winners and losers, quite large amount to win.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, a helpful windfall, but certainly nothing you can plan on, and very few beneficiaries. As I say, I enjoy the magic, but never disappointed when we depart. Victory is almost certainly exclusive to the upper tier. Beating Sunderland at the Stadium of Light last week gave me much more pleasure than beating a tier 1 team in the cup.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

The standings after Round 1 of the HHF FA Cup Prediction League!! Congrats to "Lindosfan" who takes the Yellow Cap and whom surely now must realise that I am indeed crap in my fortune-telling abilities in "Wendyball"....... :wink: :roll:
FA-R1.JPG
FA-R1.JPG (71.67 KiB) Viewed 230 times

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Thanks pharvey.
Point 1 I think Pete should be yellow cap as well our scores were exactly the same, with the same points in each rate of scoring.
Point 2 This proves you are conning us try to lead us into a false sense of security. :D :duck:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I had forgotten all about this one. Glad I got a reminder about this weekend's matches. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:20 am I had forgotten all about this one. Glad I got a reminder about this weekend's matches. :cheers:
I had! Thanks for the reminder Pete - not had one from Superbru yet!

:cheers: :cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

What's the deal on superbru with final results - after 90 minutes, extra time or penalties?
Talk is cheap
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

caller wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:09 pm What's the deal on superbru with final results - after 90 minutes, extra time or penalties?
Your pick will be scored at the end of regular time or the end of extra time if the match is drawn after regular time. If a match goes to penalties it will be scored as a draw.
That is on their site, I presume it is the same for the all matches up to and including the final.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, correct. This link should take you to the scoring guidelines. That, and other things, are listed under INFO at the top of most pages.

https://www.superbru.com/facup/how_to_p ... ab=scoring
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Many thanks. I couldn't find it!
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

What we saying lads? I'm going 2-1 Leicester. 🇹🇭

Only thing I dislike about Leicester is that unbearable, self-righteous pillock Lineker supports them.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Well done Pete for winning :bow: and thanks to Mr P Harvey for setting it up. :cheers:
Leicester did ok as well.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Chelsea need to pick themselves up after this result or they could have a truly disastrous end to the season. FA cup gone. Lose to Leicester on Tuesday and the top four is out of their hands. Then a loss to City in the champs league final. All in the space of 2 weeks. After all their good work and high expectations, they could now end up with diddly squit.

And I'd, of course, be devastated for them. :mrgreen:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:29 am Well done Pete for winning :bow: and thanks to Mr P Harvey for setting it up. :cheers:
Leicester did ok as well.
Congrats to PeteC indeed - seems the "Three Kings" of Wendy Football are yourself, PeteC and Caller!! All hail you!! :bow: :D

I shall endevour to work things out with the British & Irish Lions and teach both VS and Parahandy a lesson when it comes to F1 - I shall not mention you Lindosfan whom I believe is extracting the urine...... :neener: