Fantastic service from Kbank.

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
caller
Hero
Hero

Fantastic service from Kbank.

Post by caller »

Not often we praise our banks. But I recently received service over and above the call of duty.

I was hospitalised and operated on a couple of weeks back. Another worry was that I was still awaiting the receipt of my new passport from the UK And the current one was still being held by the visa agency. My retirement visa based on monthly incoming income needed extending by 20th August. And I needed to relocate north to continue my treatment.

So my other half called into Kbank at Bluport with just a copy of my old passport, met with the manager to explain my circumstances, who remembered me from before. She agreed to provide everything that was needed by immigration and would personally deliver it to Bkk hospital Hua Hin the next day. Which she did. I completed the various paperwork that was needed, bar July's payment, which hadn't yet been processed. It was a few hours later and she duly returned the following day with the evidence of the final payment.

I can't tell you what a weight off my mind this was as I was fretting about how I was going to get this information.

So I thought it worth noting here what fantastic service I received!
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Fantastic service from Kbank.

Post by Dannie Boy »

I can’t imagine you ever getting that type of service in the UK - congrats to Kasikorn and this person in particular
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Credit where credit's due. Good job Kbank!
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

The BluPort Kasikorn branch is closing next month..
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Governor wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:14 am The BluPort Kasikorn branch is closing next month..

Yes, she said. It will be relocated to MV. Yet to find out as a separate branch or whether will merge with MV?
Talk is cheap
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

We received letters indicating that it was merging with the MV branch and our accounts would be held at MV from September 10th.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Makes sense.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

A pain though. I hate having to go to MV.
Talk is cheap
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I wonder where they are going to put all the new employees?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Thought my experience this morning would fit well in this thread. Basically, I'm an extremely happy person/bank customer this morning.

As some of you may remember, I had a big bust up with KBank (Pectchkasem Rd branch) last year when I went in to ask for the paperwork I needed for my annual retirement extension. It was uncharted territory for me (and the bank also) as various Embassies had declined to issue income letters at the end of 2018.

Last year, I needed a year's bank statement, a letter confirming my balance and 12 months of credit transfers which show the paper trail of funds sent over from the UK to here. I was charged 200 THB for the statement (no problem), 100 THB for the letter (no problem) BUT they wanted 500 THB per credit transfer - ie 6,000 THB for the twelve. I had a major loss of humour episode at this stage and was fortunately transferred to an older lady who, after speaking to BKK, told me that they'd be free that time.

I was dreading this year's visit to ask for the same but it had to be done and was an hour or so ago. This time, the new lady was excellent. She printed out the statement there and then, I told her to delay the letter until I collected the credit advices and she said that they should be here tomorrow morning.

Now the big question - how much is going to cost? Answer - 200 THB for the statement. Free for the letter and FREE for the credit advices. I couldn't believe it and tried not to smile and jump up and down too much.

I've been dreading this morning's visit for a year. I was more "concerned" about it than the upcoming visit to Imm. I've been off the beer for three days just to make sure I didn't lose my temper too quickly!! All for naught.

Well done, KBank. I'm guessing but maybe now they're more used to us foreigners going in and asking for these papers, they've become more accommodating.
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

I use Bangkok Bankok and they told me I could get the Credit Advices sent automatically, adding that they could set it up there and then and produced a form for me to sign.

Sure enough about thirty minutes after I receive an SMS advising that my funds have arrived I get an email with the Credit Advice Attached.

I wonder if Kasikorn might have a similar system?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My Credit Advices have always been free from Kasikorn. Only differences are that I get mine monthly, and they are e-mailed to me.

It was a bit of an adventure in the beginning, but very straightforward these days. During lockdown, I even used the Petchkasem Rd branch with no surprises :)
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I really wonder whether last year people were trying to rip me off?

It was only you, BB and another member who were using the Bluport branch that made me argue the toss.

This year, no problem.
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

We received a further letter yesterday to advise us that the Kasikorn branch in BluPort is not closing after all.

Good news for us, I think it's far better than the MV branch.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Governor wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:10 am We received a further letter yesterday to advise us that the Kasikorn branch in BluPort is not closing after all.

Good news for us, I think it's far better than the MV branch.
That's good news. When I am back in town, I will visit to see if I can set up a monthly advice via
email, but only if that is good to use for a visa extension application - has anyone done that?
Talk is cheap