The Home of Banter

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
PeteC

The Home of Banter

Post by PeteC »

As mentioned in another thread, banter used to be a large and entertaining part of the forum in days gone by when the membership was larger. Regardless, it's not something people should shy away from if they want to have some fun. This is "Foo" and you can say what you want.

If you see someone on-line that you want to go back and forth with about any subject, do it here. Just make sure it's good natured and non-offensive. No one on-line? Just start a subject and wait to see who bites later on.

Say anything and everything that isn't worth starting a separate thread about, or does not fit into an existing topic. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: The Home of Banter

Post by PeteC »

Cigarista. I don't know if you know about this place Migrant, in case your supply ever gets low. The first is in Bangkok, and the second is in Pattaya if you're ever over there.

https://www.facebook.com/cigarista.th/

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb ... JnoECB0QBg
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

PeteC wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:10 pm Cigarista. I don't know if you know about this place Migrant, in case your supply ever gets low. The first is in Bangkok, and the second is in Pattaya if you're ever over there.

https://www.facebook.com/cigarista.th/

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb ... JnoECB0QBg
Looks pretty nice! Have to give it a go. Hmmm wonder if mrs m will mind stopping tuesday...
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Look closely at that Bangkok outlet FB page. They have limited hours, I think only a few days a week in the afternoon/evening, and weekends.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

PeteC wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:12 pm Look closely at that Bangkok outlet FB page. They have limited hours, I think only a few days a week in the afternoon/evening, and weekends.
I saw that, I wonder if it's due to covid. Being in the Sheraton I would think they would be open more.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Isn't there one of those cigar places in the Sheraton Hua Hin? If not, I think there was when I was there. There was another one (place that sold a lot of different cigars) behind the Watt in the Binta area just around the corner from the beach road 7/11.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

hhfarang wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:32 pm Isn't there one of those cigar places in the Sheraton Hua Hin? If not, I think there was when I was there. There was another one (place that sold a lot of different cigars) behind the Watt in the Binta area just around the corner from the beach road 7/11.
I've been to the Sheraton a few times and never noticed, but it's a spread out place and I wasn't particularly looking. Guess I'll have to go on a search mission!!

There are a few places around HH to get cigars but, due to the taxes, are considerably overpriced.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Just looked at the Intercontinental website and one bar listed said "come enjoy a scotch and cigar" Guess I will have to!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I would think the cigar would have to be enjoyed outside under the smoking/restaurant laws here? Let us know. :cheers:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

migrant wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:59 pm Just looked at the Intercontinental website and one bar listed said "come enjoy a scotch and cigar" Guess I will have to!!
That's the place I was thinking about when I wrote Sheraton earlier in this thread. That's the hotel near the flyover, correct? Memory must be failing me at 71 years old!
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

hhfarang wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:13 am
migrant wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:59 pm Just looked at the Intercontinental website and one bar listed said "come enjoy a scotch and cigar" Guess I will have to!!
That's the place I was thinking about when I wrote Sheraton earlier in this thread. That's the hotel near the flyover, correct? Memory must be failing me at 71 years old!
It is, you've been gone too long!!