Pet hates

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Pet hates

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:18 am
Lost wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:15 am People talking loudly on mobile phones. :cuss:

Especially, if it's on public transport. Unless it's work or an emergency, can you not wait until you get home!? Or somewhere private? I don't wish to be forced to listen to your conversation, thank you.

Maaaan does it grind on me. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've answered my phone in public this year. They get a message.

I'm definitely gonna be a proper grumpy old man when I'm older. Already halfway there. 😂
Is that age wise, or grumpy wise?
Lol, both! :D

Reckon I'm definitely getting grumpier faster than I'm getting older, though.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:47 am
sateeb wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:26 am Ex pats talking Tinglish to other ex pats. :banghead:
Expats talking Tinglish to anyone! If a Thai can understand "I go market now" they can also understand "I'm going to the market now"... :roll: - and they might learn how to speak English properly! :cuss: :banghead:
That one bothers me, too. Even more so if the Thai the Tinglish is being spoken to is obviously more than capable of being spoken to in normal English.

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I find it more annoying when a farang uses tinglish rather than a Thai - they should know better!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The thing I hate is when the Farang uses all the correct words, but believes they'll be better understood by imitating a strange foreign accent, which actually makes them incomprehensible to everybody in the room, both Thai and Farang..
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:33 am I find it more annoying when a farang uses tinglish rather than a Thai - they should know better!!
A Thai using Tinglish doesn't bother me at all. They're learning a language and making an attempt.
Big Boy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:02 pm The thing I hate is when the Farang uses all the correct words, but believes they'll be better understood by imitating a strange foreign accent...
:lach:

Ohhhh, I've met a few of them chaps in my time. I found the accent gets stronger with each Chang. 😆
Last edited by Lost on Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

This thread reminded me of a brilliant 2003 BBC Series, Grumpy Old Men...enjoy
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

^^^
:D

Dunno about other nationalities but this is the kind of discussion Brits thrive on. A good bloody moan. :laugh:

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

In one of the segments in episode 3 one of the commentators ended every sentence with "Right"

Ranks alongside "Yeah" as near the top of my extensive list. :cuss:

So, I've become a GOM complaining about GOM :laugh:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

sateeb wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:27 pm In one of the segments in episode 3 one of the commentators ended every sentence with "Right"

Ranks alongside "Yeah" as near the top of my extensive list. :cuss:

So, I've become a GOM complaining about GOM :laugh:
Or they end each sentence with "you know". very annoying you know,
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

When I was a kid it was always "like" at the end of a sentence :oops: , although not in front of my father (if it could be helped)... A slap on the backside or across the back of the head was not unknown.. :tsk:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Crappy/low IQ "Reality" Shows - "Made in Essex" et. al.....

Then again, there's "Lodgers for Codgers" which I've just seen (not the same as above - quite funny). Lost and DM could be a good match!! :wink: :D Just note Lost, DM bitches about not having stairs or a garden, could be a tight space...... have fun :wink: What a reality series that would be!! :shock:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

So, DM, I so totally agree with your annoyance of 'so'. :wink: I enjoy watching Pointless but 95% of the contestants under the age of 40 start every flippin' sentence with 'so'. It surely must annoy the likes of Zander and Richard.

I also rather enjoy watching '24 Hours in Police Custody' - some interesting stories and interviews. Check out those who are on drugs. No need for a drugs test as they always end a sentence with "...you know what I mean?" :rasta:

Another addition to the pet hate list is the wrong use of the passive tense. "I was sat on the (insert noun)...". Who put you there? :cuss:

I'm certainly turning into a GOW.
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

pharvey wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:26 pm When I was a kid it was always "like" at the end of a sentence :oops: , although not in front of my father (if it could be helped)... A slap on the backside or across the back of the head was not unknown.. :tsk:

:cheers: :cheers:
I only experienced this trait when working in the NE of England. It was very strange/confusing. Its a habit I'd forgotten, but you're right, very annoying.

I didn't realise you were part Geordie pharvey :run:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:14 pm Crappy/low IQ "Reality" Shows - "Made in Essex" et. al.....
Oooooh that's a big one! :D

The feckin Kardashians and the like. And pissing Love Island! :cuss:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Movie stars and athletes who think their opinions on politics, and life, matter more than anyone else
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.