Superbru Premier League 2020-21

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.

Which do you prefer, Superbru or IKTS in the event that IKTS resurrects for the 2021-22 season?

Superbru
No votes
IKTS
100%

Total votes: 4

PeteC

Superbru Premier League 2020-21

Post by PeteC »

Premier League prediction league started in Superbru. Go to the below to join. :cheers:

Join HHAD Premier League Predictor league on @Superbru! You can find the pool here:

https://www.superbru.com/premierleague_ ... p=12256409

or by downloading the Superbru app and searching for the pool with code:

etnatoot

Some invitations have been sent out automatically already by Superbru to those who have played in Superbru pools before.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: IKTS 2020-2021

Post by PeteC »

Superbru Scoring

Important that the below is understood. You can also find the information under:
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 3.17.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 3.17.41 AM.png (7 KiB) Viewed 427 times
on the Superbru pool site.

Match Points

3 EXACT 3 pts if you predict the exact score
1.5 CLOSE 1.5 pts if you get the result right and your score is close
1 RESULT 1 pt if your result is right but your score isn't close
0 WRONG 0 pts if you don't get the result right

Plus Slam Points if you pick 5 or more correct outcomes in a round (see below).

Slam Points

A great round deserves an extra reward and that's where the Slam Point comes in. If you pick a certain number of correct outcomes (correct winner or draw irrespective of score) you'll earn extra points as follows.

Round 1 to Round 38
5 - 7 correct outcomes = 1pt
8 - 9 correct outcomes = 2pts
10 correct outcomes = 3pts

How do you define "close" in Superbru?

We use our Closeness Index equation which factors in goal difference and total number of goals. Don't worry about the mathematics - just follow this rule of thumb: You're close if you've picked the right outcome (winner / draw) and:

Your score is 1 goal out...

... or your score is 2 goals out, but you have the correct goal difference
What happens if there is a penalty shootout?
Your pick will be scored at the end of regular time or the end of extra time if the match is drawn after regular time. If a match goes to penalties it will be scored as a draw.

How does tie-breaking work?

If players have the same score total, rank is determined by the higher number of correct match outcomes predicted (right winner or draw regardless of score), then higher number of exact scores, higher number of close scores and finally lower total closeness. Note that it's not your total exact or close points that counts, it is how many instances of exact or close picks you have: so an exact counts as 1, not 3. Players still matching are tied for rank.

What if I don't make a pick?

You may still be able to earn a point through a default pick (a pick for the team the community most expects to win). You are eligible for 15 default picks in Premier League Predictor.

What's happened to Win Points, Margin Points and Bonus Points!?

Our familiar WP, MP, BP system has been replaced with the new system above. Win Points are unchanged. Margin Points come in the form of the 0.5 pt reward for being close, which still uses our Closeness Index equation. Bonus Points have been retired in favour of rewarding the exact score and not splitting the point if more than one person in a pool qualifies. Because of this, your score will be the same in every pool and on the global leaderboard.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Sad news regarding IKTS, I've enjoyed playing over the last few seasons. That said, I have also enjoyed playing various tournaments on Superbru over the years and I'm sure they'll do a decent job - I'm signed up!! Thanks for organising Pete :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There's already over 31,000 players on Superbru. I would guess after the IKTS announcement that number may triple.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Thanks Pete for setting it up, I have joined.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
PeteC

Re: Superbru Premier League 2020-21

Post by PeteC »

This is a long season. FYI, I'm not going to give weekly winner updates like we do for many of the shorter period Superbru pools. We didn't do weekly updates for IKTS.

Just check results on the Superbru site, and use this thread for any banter and comments you want to make.

I'll give updates from time to time regarding any Superbru announcements about things everyone should know, and a standings update monthly. :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Not doing badly. Up to 8 players within the first 24 hours. :cheers:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

I've not finished one of these in 4 or 5 attempts. If I can't finish a bloody season on 'guess the score' once in my life, then there's no hope for me. So I'm in!

First round scores are locked in. A positive start.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

We're up to 11 now, and would think 12 or 13 before the weekend. Not a bad showing. :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

We're up to 14 now and that's probably it. Let the games begin!....shortly. :cheers:

Edit: Total players throughout the Superbru Premier League tournament is approaching 46,000.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

15 players now. When you make your picks you'll see that there is no Banker or Security as with IKTS. What you pick is what you get. :D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

How do they do the maths? I think I should have 3 + 4.5 + 1 = 8.5. The table gives me 7. Others are losing a lot more than me with my version of maths. Not unusual, but I'm confused.

By my calculations, Jimmy Greaves should have 12, not 9 points.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The scoring system is posted on the thread further up.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Can't answer that, BB because I haven't even worked out where the bloody fixtures or results are.

It is the most confusing set up I've ever come across.

Even when I do get a game week up, the organisers seem to be listing things alphabetically rather than chronologically.

I simply don't get it. But I will persevere.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Well, you're in second place so you're doing something right! :D