Uefa Nations League

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Uefa Nations League

Post by Lost »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:58 am Is Captain Harry really the best we've got? Southgate can only work with the tools he's got, and what a tool.
I'm glad I didn't stay up till 3am to watch this shit. :wink:

To be fair, the Premier league season is kicking off in a few days. Weird times. No player is gonna risk an injury or niggle.

Shite for the viewer.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Don't know what you guys are moaning about...... Sounds like a cracker!! :wink:

"Final score: Denmark 0-0 England
90+5 mins: The game is over. The second half was much better than the first, without ever quite being actually good."
... there you go, that's WB for you.

I'm guessing you may have enjoyed the rugby more BB.....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Football needs fans. A crowd. It's the one time that I enjoy a big crowd. Otherwise it doesn't work.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

pharvey wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:43 am I'm guessing you may have enjoyed the rugby more BB.....
Yes, because both games were on at the same time, we decided to watch England football live, and then become recluses until we've watched the rugby, using Rugby Pass's 'Watch from Start' feature.

I guess we have to understand these teams in the Uefa Nations League are the best of the best (else they wouldn't be Div 1), and what appears to be boring football, is actually great football, with 2 fantastic teams cancelling each out :run:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

pharvey wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:43 am I'm guessing you may have enjoyed the rugby more BB.....
I enjoyed them both, eventually, but yes, the rugby was better.

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

You will not find a bigger donkey in world football than Harry Maguire right now. On current form he is surely the worst defender in the Premier League. Fighting police. Trying to bribe police. Won the game for Tottenham in 45 minutes. And now a red card in half hour for country to boot! The best bit is...

United spent £80 million on him!

:lach: :lach: :lach:

Screenshot_20201014_203925.jpg
Screenshot_20201014_203925.jpg (108.24 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yep, down to 9 men after 30 minutes is pretty dire. Mings is looking OK though.

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Don't do it Lost. Don't bite. It's what he wants. Pretend you didn't even s...
Big Boy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:47 am Yep, down to 9 men after 30 minutes is pretty dire.
:roll:

Goddammit Lost.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Maguire a disgrace, poor club form why was he in the team. Walker, Henderson and Pickford 3 more players out of form. Why were they picked? Kane form for England spasmodic today was a poor days work.
Why hs he not picked in form players Grealish and Pope are 2 examples of players really on form.
Overall England were a disgrace.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It would have been difficult to single out a single player who was worthy of their selection, so no need to ridicule any one in particular (other than maybe Maguire's recklessness), the decision to award a penalty was also somewhat bizarre
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Sometimes a manager's ability and traits as a player as well as their personality (dull) reflects their ability to effectively manage.

Southgate was a good, rather than outstanding player and it reflects on him and his career that all anyone can really remember of him as a player is a penalty miss.

He is clearly risk adverse and as a consequence England are so predictable from one game to the next. His
ability to make effective change during a game is tried and tested - and poor.

We now possess the players with the skills, abilities and that unexplainable football nounce needed, but need a better manager to take the national team to the next level.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have just been checking the match reports because I hadn't realised James had been sent off as well. OK, at silly o'clock, the final whistle blows and I'm off to bed, so that explains that one.

I then studied the BBCs player rankings. I have to wonder where the writer came up with his scores. The one that sticks out for me is Pickford. OK, he's not the most popular choice at the moment, but what did he do wrong? He let in a penalty. However, I think he also saw more outfield action than some. He wasn't brilliant, but not as bad as the rankings make out. I think the author made his choices based on public opinion, not what happened on the pitch.

How on Earth did that donkey Rice finish half way up the rankings? To me, the BBC rankings don't reflect reality.

Points 48; Position 20