Champions League 2020-21

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Re: Champions League 2020-21

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:07 pm You’re probably right, although they are going to have to amend the current law to remove the away-goal ruling, so they could do something crazy like the “golden goal rule” in extra time, where the first scoring team automatically becomes the winner?
They don't need to make any changes to the laws, the away goal ruling is only one available option. Even under the current laws, some competitions use it and some don't.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Tammy Abraham channeling his inner John Terry. Tammy you weren't even in the squad mate. Why you got the full kit on?

:lach:

Screenshot_20210530_083325.jpg
Screenshot_20210530_083325.jpg (278.37 KiB) Viewed 190 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:41 pm Tammy Abraham channeling his inner John Terry. Tammy you weren't even in the squad mate. Why you got the full kit on?
Oh dear, not that old chestnut again. From Munich, there is a well known pic of Ivanovic, sitting on a crossbar, in full kit, waving a Chelsea flag. He too, was suspended for the final. Others not selected, also wore full kit and it's not just Chelsea players that have done this, but there you go, because it was Terry, he got mocked, others didn't.

As for yesterday, I wasn't too hopeful before the game and even less so after Werner's customary misses. But we seemed to raise ourselves to a level that that has been missing in the last few games, including the FA Cup final. And we are a match for anyone then. I agree the first half was great, the 2nd half less so. Still a shock to see City, of all teams, reverting to long throw in's and route one, especially without a player in their side who can do that side of the game at the business end,

It was also great fun exchanging messages with friends and family at halftime and afterwards, including an 8 year old Great Nephew, following in the family tradition of supporting Chelsea.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

caller wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:00 pm ... because it was Terry, he got mocked, others didn't.
Because Terry is, by far, the biggest tool to have ever graced a football field. Let's not forget that Ryan Giggs is in this list, so that's quite a feat. Aside from getting his teammate's girlfriend pregnant, imagine allowing your autobiography to be called 'Captain, Leader, Legend'. What a twat. :laugh:

Congrats on the win though caller. 'Tis nice that you could share the occasion with family. I was thinking of you last night ( :naughty: ) and of how many Chelsea fans I know. Five or six I could think of. I then realised I don't know a single person that supports Man City. Not even on a forum. I know plenty of fans from the rest of the 'big six'. Some from Villa, too. Newcastle. Huddersfield. Leeds. Brentford. Sheffield United... the list goes on.

But not a single Man City fan. Thought that was strange.

:cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:33 pm Aside from getting his teammate's girlfriend pregnant,
There you go, getting it all wrong again.

I thought this was all dead and buried years ago. Incidentally, she received apologies from other media groups as well. But you probably don't know who I mean.

The perverse thing about this Guardian report is that they fall into the same lazy tactic of some of the other media they are criticising. Maybe the editor wanted to beef the story up a little bit.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ge-scandal
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

caller wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:40 pm
Lost wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:33 pm Aside from getting his teammate's girlfriend pregnant,
There you go, getting it all wrong again.

I thought this was all dead and buried years ago. Incidentally, she received apologies from other media groups as well. But you probably don't know who I mean.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ge-scandal
Ahhh, the guardian. No thanks. I prefer to get my information from more trusted sources. Since the unfortunate demise of The Daily Sport, I've found The Daily Mail and The Sun to be mostly reliable when searching for the truth.

Also, bleacher report seems like a good bet. :D

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndicatio ... s.amp.html

:cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

phpOnWW5sPM.jpg
phpOnWW5sPM.jpg (20.88 KiB) Viewed 120 times

Here is the final Superbru leader board. Looks crazy, but....everyone got a Yellow Cap because everyone got the same points....0 in the Final match. :shock: Bamboo and I got the spoons because the scores we picked were more wrong than anyone else. :banghead:

Again, thanks for playing and congrats again to JJBones for the win, and Pharvey and Bamboo for coming in 2nd and 3rd. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source