Current Sunday Roast availability

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Current Sunday Roast availability

Post by HarryVardon »

There used to be quite a lot of restaurants offering Sunday Roast in Hua Hin. Most of them have now closed. The only ones I know of that are still serving it are Nany's in Soi 94, Restaurant 99 in Soi 94 extension, Deli 88 on Soi 88 and Zabwer on Soi 112. Maybe El Murphy's is also still going, I don't know. Does anyone know if there are any others that are still open and serving Sunday Roast?
Big Boy

Re: Current Sunday Roast availability

Post by Big Boy »

Definitely Adreanas in Khao Takiab and possibly Ian's also in Khao Takiab. I'd recommend them both.

Maybe Palm Bistro?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

El Murphys still is advertising their sunday roast. Haven't tried it in a year but when I did it was good.

Ians, as BB said, to me, is the hands down best. Everything quality. Beef and lamb ( I always choose one of them) is always great and excellent quality. Bonus for us is mrs m doesn't always want the roast so she can order off the Thai menu and always says the food is great.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Father Teds as well.

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

And at my house. I do a mean yorkshire.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So that's 12,653 members at your house on Sunday - thank you very much :run:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Haha. I'd better kill a cow or two.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

Double Kiss - Soi 94. They sell out every Sunday.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

HHTel wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:09 pm Haha. I'd better kill a cow or two.
I'm in!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Terrace 90 does a lovely roast.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

With Ians closing we needed a new Sunday roast place. We only go maybe once a month, but it needs to have Thai food available as well.

Went to Double Kiss, soi 94 and was well pleased. I had the lamb, large portion. There was applesauce, califlower gratin, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, roast pumpkin, a large yorkshire pudding and some green veggies. The lamb was a large portion that was very tender and tasty. Everything fresh tasting and cooked perfectly. 350 baht for the large portion. Not a big Thai menu but mrs m and Mom found something to their liking and said it was very good. We will return
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

migrant wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:18 pm With Ians closing we needed a new Sunday roast place. We only go maybe once a month, but it needs to have Thai food available as well.

Went to Double Kiss, soi 94 and was well pleased. I had the lamb, large portion. There was applesauce, califlower gratin, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, roast pumpkin, a large yorkshire pudding and some green veggies. The lamb was a large portion that was very tender and tasty. Everything fresh tasting and cooked perfectly. 350 baht for the large portion. Not a big Thai menu but mrs m and Mom found something to their liking and said it was very good. We will return
Apple sauce with lamb!!!??? What is the world coming to??????
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Yes, in the ”good old days”, it was plain and simple, roast pork with apple sauce, roast lamb with mint sauce and roast beef with Yorkshire pudding - now anything goes. Actually, I’m all for Yorkies in any roast, but I wouldn’t mix apple sauce with lamb, or mint sauce with pork, still all to their own!!
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

I like mint sauce with every roast. It gives everything more taste especially the veg. I saw that somebody suggested Terrace 90 above. As far as I know that closed at least 5 years ago. The reason I started this thread is because so many places selling Sunday Roast have closed in the last few years.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

The apple sauce was presented as another addition. I haven't had applesauce in years so it was a pleasant surprise. There was also mint sauce, I failed to mention.

Terrace 90 has reopened, at least they advertise almost every day on hua hin foodies/facebook. They seem to offer the roast everyday. We liked the old restaurant and don't know if the new one has any connection to the old owners, but it is on the list to try, food pics look good.