Thailand IT - Tail Wagging the Dog

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Thailand IT - Tail Wagging the Dog

Post by hhinner »

It seems I am registered. I just now used the หมอพร้อม app. It's much easier than the crappy Google docs form that the website points to. So recommend downloading and using that. It also allows to make vaccination appointment, but the message comes back that the hospital isn't ready to make appointments yet.

I looked at the LINE app as well, but for pink card that's no good because it needs the number on the back of the id card, which pink cards don't have.

Note that it may be that my original effort worked fine, just the web site for checking is no good with pink cards.

If someone could try with หมอพร้อม it would be nice to know for sure.

Maybe this should go on the vaccine thread.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:00 pm Maybe this should go on the vaccine thread.
I considered that yesterday, but didn't because it would intermingle with existing posts (sorted by date/time), which would make that thread very difficult to read.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Another one tonight :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

I've been ordering pizza for delivery since moving to Thailand nearly 10 years ago. The process was simple, and very effective.

Tonight, we fancied ordering some pizza. So on to the page, made our selection, items in the cart. I pressed the button to confirm the order. A map appears, asking me to pin my location - never seen the map over the last 10 years, but did as it asked. Then asked to re-enter the address they've been delivering to (and already have saved on their system) for 10 years - sorry, does not exist.

So some smart arsed programmer has 'improved' the 1112 Pizza website to make their products unobtainable. Yes, this map feature looks pretty, but has killed their delivery business. Thais and IT :banghead: :banghead:

When will they learn, if it works, don't fix it.

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Easier to use Grab.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I checked, but we couldn't find a way to add the Extreme Gold Cheese Ball Nut crust :D

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Pizza discussion moved here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40004

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just for you BB - more (cr)apps and QR codes on the way ...

State agencies pressured to upgrade
Thailand needs to accelerate digitalisation among its state agencies to facilitate ease of doing business, while workers need better technical skills to improve the country's competitiveness on the global stage, according to the state planning unit chief.

Another prescription involves restructuring the manufacturing sector towards technology, said Danucha Pichayanan, secretary-general of the National Economic and Social Development Council.

Thailand should also ramp up basic infrastructure development and continue improving the quality of the country's education system, he said.

"The Thai government still has a lot to do to improve its world competitiveness ranking and achieve its goal of becoming second in Asean over the next few years," Mr Danucha said.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/21 ... to-upgrade
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’d start here;
“and continue improving the quality of the country’s education system”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Problem is, who will educate the educators?

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

There’s no short term fix, if they’re serious about it (which is questionable) they’ll have to start by upgrading the teaching staff - that’s either a very long term project, and/or would require guidance/input from experienced expat teaching staff, which is why it’s not happened so far, and probably never will.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

They've been saying that for half a century, and nothing significant ever happens. They want it that way as it fits their agenda.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Isn't that one of the demands of the protesters?

An ex. of Thai ed. My eldest daughter is entering a Phd program, when the univ. re-0pens this year and one of the examiners, her advisor, asked her only the questions that they had already discussed. That's one way to insure that they'll receive their money.
buksida

Post by buksida »

This'll be fun, digital IDs for banking services (who cant even get their own apps to work properly) ... hmmm hacktastic ...

Central bank mulls joint sandbox for NDID
The Bank of Thailand plans to collaborate with other regulatory agencies on setting up a co-regulatory sandbox to test digital identity verification through the National Digital ID (NDID) platform in the second half as part of efforts to further drive the digital economy.

The central bank has been in talks with the Electronic Transactions Development Agency (ETDA) and other regulatory bodies wanting to participate in digital identity authentication via facial recognition on the NDID platform and to expand NDID services and NDID use cases for the second phase covering corporate NDID.

The key use case of NDID service is the opening of new digital accounts for financial services and the use cases have been expanded.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/23 ... x-for-ndid
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I went back and re-read the first 2 pages of this thread and in hindsight I can't help but wonder if a big part of many, many Thai people not being vaccinated was/is because of all the confusion and difficulty caused by QR codes which simply overwhelmed their mentality.

When they finally made it easier (if they have) and took into consideration people without smart phones or PC's, people simply ignored it all because of their prior bad experience.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

PeteC wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:06 pm ignored it all because of their prior bad experience.
Pretty much my opinion & experience. Every govt site has failed miserably, so I stopped trying.

Never did succeed even doing 90 day report, after so many attempts, after they once again said it was fix and able to do. I just laugh now when I see their news-blips.

That, and I think most of every site of theirs has had security issues. Best avoided. :cheers: