Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:54 am I don't think this is anything new. Many countries that opted for just Sinovac have had similar problem.

Is this not why Thailand moved towards the the sino-cocktails?

Personally, I live in a household that has been hit by Covid twice, but my sino-cocktail has kept me safe.
I don't think we can know if it's the vaccine or our immune system that keeps us safe.
There's no way to do a double-blind test on ourselves.
kwajdiver
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kwajdiver »

This is a FYI post for U.S. Veterans.
Maybe I had missed this on the forum, but I just learned that U.S. Veterans who are eligible for the VA Foreign Medical Program (FMP) can receive reimbursement from the VA for a COVID-19 vaccine.
Like many others, I had prepaid for two Moderna jabs. I finally received my two jabs from Bangkok Hospital in Phetchaburi. I am eligible for the FMP due to having a disability rating for Agent Orange exposure.

You have two years to file a claim with the FMP.

I am now looking at how difficult it will be to put together the required information, and see if the reimbursement will be worth the time.

All the information about this can be found at this VA link.
https://www.va.gov/COMMUNITYCARE/progra ... /index.asp

The following is from the VA:
“Veterans currently living or travelling outside the United States who are eligible for the VA Foreign Medical Program (FMP) can receive reimbursement from VA for a COVID-19 vaccine.

We can pay for a COVID-19 vaccine that is formally approved for use by the national health authorities of the country in which the Veteran receives the vaccine. It does not need to be a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), but should be authorized for emergency use in the country the Veteran is traveling in or residing. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has information about FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines.”
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I thought the vaccines were free for everyone in Thailand.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

There were many people who opted to pay rather than get the Sinovac that was the only free option at that time.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Most Covid vaccination centres in Phuket closed

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ket-closed

Four out of five Covid-19 vaccination centres in Phuket are now closed, with many people on the resort island having already received their doses and demand for vaccines declining.

Phuket vice-governor Phichet Panaphong attended the closing ceremony of a vaccination centre at a gymnasium with a seating capacity of 4,000 people in Saphan Hin on Saturday.

Dr Withita Jangiam, deputy director of Vachira Phuket Hospital and head of the Saphan Hin centre, said its 1,500 staff had administered 600,000 doses since it opened on April 1 last year.

The only operating vaccination centre left on the island is at the X-Terminal Building of Phuket International Airport. In addition to Saphan Hin, three other centres — at Jungceylon shopping centre in Patong district, Angsana Laguna Phuket in Thalang and Phuket Orchid Resort in Muang district — are now closed.............
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Covid-19 News Global (everywhere except Southeast Asia)

Post by handdrummer »

Now, Pfizer is petitioning the FDA to allow vaccinations for 5 yr. olds.
I wonder if that will affect their mental and physical growth patterns?
We won't anything for several years.
Well, we'll know that Pfizer will make billions more dollars.
Drugs and guns, are always a safe investment.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Annoucement​ from​ Hua Hin Hospital​ :
June​ Plan​ Vaccine​ at​ Hua Hin Hospital​ 10​th floor
Time​ : 9​a.m.-12p.m
 📣Every​ Tuesday​ : Walk​ in​ for​ age​ over​12​yr               
        -​AZ​ :  Dose​1​
        -​Pfizer​ :  Dose1  for​ Age12-17yrs
        -​Pfizer​ :  Dose2, 3,4 for​ age​ over​ 12yrs

📣Every​ Thursday​:  Walk​ in​ for​ age5-11yrs
       -​Pfizer​ : Dose1, 2

More​ info​ please​ contact​ huahin​ hospital​ directly​
Attachments
FB_IMG_1654311020329.jpg
(162.56 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Covid​ vaccines from​ Red​ Cross​ 6th till 10th June (8a.m.-12 p.m.)
  -​ Moderna​ Dose 1,2,3,4
  -​ Pfizer Dose 1,2,3,4
  -​ AZ​  Dose​ 1,2,3,4
  -​ Sinopharm​ Dose 1,2
 For​ more​ inquiry​ please​ contact​ Huahin​ red​ cross​ tel 032-511024
Attachments
FB_IMG_1654403731791.jpg
(141.02 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Thanks Joelle,
Now that Bluport have stopped administering vaccines and I didn't really fancy a trip to HHH I rolled up at the Red Cross this morning for my 2nd booster. Arrived at 8.15am and out at 8.30. Choice of Moderna or Pfizer, I opted for the latter.
Walked out WITH a new updated paper Certificate (not given at Bluport) and the Mor Phrom app updated a few hours later. Well worth it for those considering the 4th jab. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It seems the jury is still out on whether a 2nd booster is worth while except for people over 50 or over 80 depending which authority you look at, and also for people with a weakened immune system. Nowhere does it say that it's detrimental though, so getting it whether needed or not will do no harm and may be beneficial.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, the jury is still out, but AFAIK only one person in Thailand who has received to 4th jab has died of Covid related symptoms, so that snippet of information sounds worthwhile to me.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

I think a double dose plus one booster is enough, as that is what will make travel easier. I will not be taking anymore than that. Ultimately, we all have to take our chances, like with many other stuff, as you can't wrap everyone up in cotton wool... and I'll not be pumping my body full of this stuff whenever any government says so.
I get that big pharma wants us all to keep taking shots because it's good for them... and they are probably pressuring governments too on this.
Perspective needs to be retained, and just in the UK pre-pandemic, there were 30k odd people dying each year from the normal flu but people that needed jabs got them etc.
There is a lot of panicking nonsense on many issues now these days.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

“As much as 61% of the new fatalities were unvaccinated or had received only one vaccine shot, 30% had two jabs and the rest three shots,” said CCSA spokeswoman Sumanee Wacharasin.
That from a month ago:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... rply-to-54
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Of course, it's a personal choice. I didn't hear any Government telling me to have a fourth shot - was there such a directive?

For me, I wanted Mrs BB to have a 4th shot (she is in that very vulnerable group), and as I was pushing her wheelchair, it made sense to sit down and have my shot with her. Certainly, there was no panicking on my part after receiving shot 2.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I think that the only reason I might be tempted to have a 4th shot is because the first one was Sinovac and I doubt that will provide very much benefit.