Any Retired Builders/Structural Engineers?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Re: Any Retired Builders/Structural Engineers?

Post by Green Nomad »

Thanks Guys...Yes Nokyai, the guy I called on the number of the company shown above is called Mike, so could be him. He is coming to look at the house tomorrow. We have a team of people in at the moment removing old tiles, I have had a look and the Thai lady doing the job says not enough cement or adhesive. Will see what Mike says.

Will keep this post going with any findings if anyone is interested. GN.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Green Nomad wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:01 am Thanks Guys...Yes Nokyai, the guy I called on the number of the company shown above is called Mike, so could be him. He is coming to look at the house tomorrow. We have a team of people in at the moment removing old tiles, I have had a look and the Thai lady doing the job says not enough cement or adhesive. Will see what Mike says.

I genuinely hope it’s not anything too serious and whilst not enough tile cement might be one issue, the cracks in the wall and ceiling suggest that something to do with the foundations is not as it should be, hopefully the inspection tomorrow will shed further light on the subject.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Green Nomad wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:01 am Thanks Guys...Yes Nokyai, the guy I called on the number of the company shown above is called Mike, so could be him. He is coming to look at the house tomorrow. We have a team of people in at the moment removing old tiles, I have had a look and the Thai lady doing the job says not enough cement or adhesive. Will see what Mike says.

Sounds like the same guy. His wife runs restaurant
Talk is cheap