Dashcam installer

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Dashcam installer

Post by Gregjam »

It’s time for a new dashcam and rather than have a cable dangling down to the power supply it would be nice to have one installed professionally. I have a Nissan Terra so am sure one could take power from the supply going to the mirror or cabin lights without too many issues. And hopefully a more secure attachment than the sucker pads that fail with regularity.
Does anyone have any recommendations.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Dashcam installer

Post by VincentD »

Lazada do sell rearview mirror mounts but every time I click on a product I'm interested in, it directs me to the play store where they try to force you to install their app. That's not about to happen.
BTW it's not too difficult to install it and hide the wires, I've even done a two camera (front/rear) install on both my car and my son's. A bit fiddly but doable.
I think if you buy from a shop they may offer to do the install for you, I know the Nissan dealership did the initial install of the front camera for both my wife and my son.
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Just make sure if you're doing a dual camera install (which I would recommend) that the wire for the rear camera is long enough to reach the back. They do have wifi rear cameras but you still have to find a power supply for it and some tend to suffer from signal latency (the delay from when something happens to it actually appearing on the screen).
วินเชนท์
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

When I bought from a shop in MV (not sure if still there), the guy came out to the car park and installed it FOC and did a good job at hiding the wires.
It did come with those horrible suckers for attaching to the front screen. I ordered rear view mirror attachments from Lazada. Rather than choose the correct fitment, 3 sets were shipped which covered most if not all cameras. Quite wasteful, but it was cheap. That was 4 or 5 years ago and the attachment is still in situ and has proved reliable.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

VincentD wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:25 am Lazada do sell rearview mirror mounts but every time I click on a product I'm interested in, it directs me to the play store where they try to force you to install their app. That's not about to happen.
BTW it's not too difficult to install it and hide the wires, I've even done a two camera (front/rear) install on both my car and my son's. A bit fiddly but doable.
I think if you buy from a shop they may offer to do the install for you, I know the Nissan dealership did the initial install of the front camera for both my wife and my son.
Not sure what's going on with your Lazada but I order a fair amount from them. Used it only this morning and works fine. Never been redirected to anywhere else.

I suggest you delete your cookies. That could be the problem.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

HHTel wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:15 pm
VincentD wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:25 am Lazada do sell rearview mirror mounts but every time I click on a product I'm interested in, it directs me to the play store where they try to force you to install their app. That's not about to happen.
Not sure what's going on with your Lazada but I order a fair amount from them. Used it only this morning and works fine. Never been redirected to anywhere else.

I suggest you delete your cookies. That could be the problem.
I'm guessing that he was trying to access Laz via his smart phone not a PC as it's happened to me the times I have tried via my phone. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

🔼 yes, that's probably why. I typically use a laptop, but on the many occasions I've had to access it through the phone*, I get directed to install the app. Quite annoying, as I have used the phone in the past to access the product delivery tracking, and never a problem before, but get really annoyed when someone now tries to force something down your throat that you know you didn't need..
*Usually when out of wifi range so have to use the phone instead of the laptop..
วินเชนท์
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I have a dash cam that needs fitting as well, so to ask the question again, does anyone know know where this service is provided? I thought Mazda would it do it as an 'extra' at a service, but no.
Talk is cheap
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

https://goo.gl/maps/mRcjWkd2N2mjwUig7

May be a bit of a hike for some but this place comes highly recommended. I've just been and booked my car in for Saturday morning. They are fitting my dashcam with fully hidden wiring directly into the vehicles electrics using a Honda adapter for 800 baht. Very impressed with the place and very busy with new cars, I suspect that the nearby dealers send their new sold cars for window tints etc.

If the link doesn't work its quite easy to get there,just past the first set of traffic lights after Macro Pranburi opposite the Army camp. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

sateeb wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:56 pm https://goo.gl/maps/mRcjWkd2N2mjwUig7

May be a bit of a hike for some but this place comes highly recommended. I've just been and booked my car in for Saturday morning. They are fitting my dashcam with fully hidden wiring directly into the vehicles electrics using a Honda adapter for 800 baht. Very impressed with the place and very busy with new cars, I suspect that the nearby dealers send their new sold cars for window tints etc.

If the link doesn't work its quite easy to get there,just past the first set of traffic lights after Macro Pranburi opposite the Army camp. :cheers:
That's my side of town and easy for me to get to and just what I was looking for - thanks very much! I will pop down there in the morning to sort something out.
Talk is cheap
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Perhaps a good idea to be an early bird(9am ish) , when I got there I would have been 5th in line. I'm not a patient waiter so I booked for Saturday morning.

― George Carlin
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Thanks for the tip, but I'm more than happy to make an appt if they are already busy. Late footy night tonight, so zero chance of being there at 9!
Talk is cheap
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Just a quick update guys. Rolled up at the place just before 9am. Dashcam wired up to the vehicles electrics so no need for the cig lighter socket and wiring invisible, chrome exhaust tailpipe tips fitted. All in all very professionally done and rolled out in under an hour.

RECOMMENDED :cheers:

― George Carlin
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

sateeb wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:41 am

Just a quick update guys. Rolled up at the place just before 9am. Dashcam wired up to the vehicles electrics so no need for the cig lighter socket and wiring invisible, chrome exhaust tailpipe tips fitted. All in all very professionally done and rolled out in under an hour.

Sounds good, do they also supply dash cams or do you have to buy your own first and then have it fitted ?
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

joelle wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:14 pm
sateeb wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:41 am

Sounds good, do they also supply dash cams or do you have to buy your own first and then have it fitted ?
They have a wide selection in stock. :cheers:

― George Carlin