Hernia

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
t1ggyw1ggy10

Hernia

Post by t1ggyw1ggy10 »

Hi Guys .Not long returned to Hua hin and am looking for anyone’s experience here of having a hernia repaired . Mines a groin inguinal , now golf ball size and starting to aggravate me now so any recommendations would be really grateful .
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Hernia

Post by Dannie Boy »

t1ggyw1ggy10 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:40 am Hi Guys .Not long returned to Hua hin and am looking for anyone’s experience here of having a hernia repaired . Mines a groin inguinal , now golf ball size and starting to aggravate me now so any recommendations would be really grateful .
I had the same problem last year and had a successful operation carried out by a Dr Wittaya who has a clinic in Petchaburi and operated at the Petcharat Hospital also in Petchaburi. I cannot recommend this doctor high enough, thoroughly recommend. The cost of the operation was just under 90,000 Baht.

Location of the clinic of Dr. Wittaya +66 89 775 9121
https://goo.gl/maps/bMLEGkLSaTA9vRT59
t1ggyw1ggy10

Post by t1ggyw1ggy10 »

Thanks very much Dannie Boy
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

t1ggyw1ggy10 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:51 am Thanks very much Dannie Boy
Did you end up visiting Dr Wittaya and if so, what was the outcome?
t1ggyw1ggy10

Post by t1ggyw1ggy10 »

Hi Dannie , I’ve been waiting to find out if my insurance will pay out . I think I will try him out . Just one thing . What kind of anesthestic do they use . Spinal block , local or general ? . Got a feeling I’ll have to pay myself though .
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

t1ggyw1ggy10 wrote:Hi Dannie , I’ve been waiting to find out if my insurance will pay out . I think I will try him out . Just one thing . What kind of anesthestic do they use . Spinal block , local or general ? . Got a feeling I’ll have to pay myself though .
I think it’s based on a number of factors - including age and general health, but I had a spinal block - believe me, you won’t feel a thing!! I can remember the anaesthetist asking me “can you move your legs”? I thought, move them, I can’t even feel them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:45 pm
t1ggyw1ggy10 wrote:Hi Dannie , I’ve been waiting to find out if my insurance will pay out . I think I will try him out . Just one thing . What kind of anesthestic do they use . Spinal block , local or general ? . Got a feeling I’ll have to pay myself though .
I think it’s based on a number of factors - including age and general health, but I had a spinal block - believe me, you won’t feel a thing!! I can remember the anaesthetist asking me “can you move your legs”? I thought, move them, I can’t even feel them!!

After the operation, did you have to remain lying still, on your back, for 2 hrs.?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:29 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:45 pm

After the operation, did you have to remain lying still, on your back, for 2 hrs.?
I assume you’ve never had a spinal block anesthetic? I don’t know if it was “compulsory” for me to lie on my back for 2 hours, but it was that or longer before I started to get any feeling back - from above the waist down I was completely numb, so I couldn’t move myself and the nursing staff definitely kept me on my back. I can only liken it, but in a much bigger way, to having a local anesthetic for a tooth extraction where your mouth goes number for an hour or more, before you begin to get any feeling back.

I’d be more than happy to have the same procedure again if required (but hopefully not).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've had one, and what a weird sensation. The funniest part was knowing that I needed to pee, but when I took hold, it was like holding somebody else's :shock: (not that I'd know what it was like to hold somebody else's :D ).

Seriously, I had some crazy side effects as the anaesthetic wore off. I was so hot, the nurse had to give me a blanket bath to cool me down. I had to stay overnight in the hospital.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:I've had one, and what a weird sensation. The funniest part was knowing that I needed to pee, but when I took hold, it was like holding somebody else's :shock: (not that I'd know what it was like to hold somebody else's :D ).

Seriously, I had some crazy side effects as the anaesthetic wore off. I was so hot, the nurse had to give me a blanket bath to cool me down. I had to stay overnight in the hospital.
The lengths some people will go to to get a blanket bath Image

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

A spinal block used to be a common procedure for women giving birth. Some had serious complications from it.