Hobby shop/Model makers suppliers.

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
pharvey

Re: Hobby shop/Model makers suppliers.

Post by pharvey »

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

KhunLA wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:37 am The larger B2S shops (one at MV) have a limited wood hobby section. Though never been in the HH branch. If there this week & remember, I'll take a peek.
Scratch that idea. The B2S in basement of MV is rather small, and no balsa woods on display. Plenty of paints once your craft is completed.

In other B2S shops, I've seen very thin 'planks' to use for wings, thinker for fuselage, and good section of dowels. Even some steel or carbon fiber rods for strength reinforcement. Oh well, good luck in your search.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

KhunLA wrote:
KhunLA wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:37 am The larger B2S shops (one at MV) have a limited wood hobby section. Though never been in the HH branch. If there this week & remember, I'll take a peek.
Scratch that idea. The B2S in basement of MV is rather small, and no balsa woods on display. Plenty of paints once your craft is completed.

In other B2S shops, I've seen very thin 'planks' to use for wings, thinker for fuselage, and good section of dowels. Even some steel or carbon fiber rods for strength reinforcement. Oh well, good luck in your search.
There's an arts shop on 3rd floor MV that should have some hobby stuff. Next to Se-ed shop.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Thanks for all the constructive replies here, will check out when I get the time, amongst my other interests.