Watching the Euros 2021

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Re: Watching the Euros 2021

Post by Big Boy »

BTW, although the screen displayed 'BILINGUAL' we couldn't get the English to work via AIS. However, words like Stirling and Goaaaaaal sound the same in any language. :dance:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:02 pm The difference in quality between VPN and Thai TV was chalk and cheese. Gave up on the VPN - too much buffering, and then being told not enough bandwidth.

It's worth watching Thai TV for the continual Aerosoft adverts, so bad they're funny. One of those tunes it's going to be hard getting it out of my head.
Can you not watch Thai TV (Thai Commentary), mute the sound and listen to BBC commentary through their (BBC.co.uk) website?

Years ago (early ''80's) when living in England, we struggled to get the Welsh games - England obviously taking priority on the likes of BBC. We therefore watched on S4C and listened to commentary on BBC (Radio then.... :wink: ).

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They're usually out of sync. Thai commentary is fine.

Points 48; Position 20
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Just noticed that according to the m.livesoccer.tv website, the games are also now available on the True Visions Anywhere and True Sports HD 3 channels.

One possible advantage there is that TSHD3 at least, has the 7 day catch up option. Not sure if you need a True subscription to watch TSHD3 though.*

*Looks like you don't. Just logged into the True ID TV app with my "non-subscription" account and TSHD3 still works.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I started to watch on BBC using the VPN but as BB experienced, too much buffering, so my stepson managed to find it on ESPN with English language.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yep, also gave up on the iPlayer, I guess it was overwhelmed rather than us.

Thai TV worked fine, great picture and you can tolerate the commentary. Couldn't figure out the bilingual thing either.

As an aside, if anyone has a link to download the Copa America games it would be appreciated.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:01 pm Just noticed that according to the m.livesoccer.tv website, the games are also now available on the True Visions Anywhere and True Sports HD 3 channels.
That should be m.livesoccertv.com. I find it a very useful site for checking when games are on and who's showing them. I did notice that apart from the first game yesterday, they are now showing that the games are on True Premier Football HD3 but according to the True Visions TV guide (and my personal experience so far) they're all on True Sports HD3.

I also realised that what they mean by True Visions Anywhere is the True ID TV app (that's its previous name).
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

I could look the England match on Thai TV with english commentary. Could change the language on the remote for the satellite dish.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sorted :dance: . Currently watching Scotland on 2NBTHD in English via True ID. Perfect.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yep - given up on iPlayer in its entirety now just too much buffering. The Thai channel has a much better picture and at least half the commentary was in English for the Scotland game.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Try True ID - great quality, dual language, no buffering. I use it a lot for Thai football, and it is excellent.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

You don't need to pay for a True subscription and can watch through a browser without buffering? I don't have a True number, but the mrs does.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

buksida wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:18 am You don't need to pay for a True subscription and can watch through a browser without buffering? I don't have a True number, but the mrs does.
You don't need a subscription if you only watch the FTA channels. Both NBT2 HD & TS HD3 are free-to-air.

I'm not sure you even need a True mobile number - at least in the past, any mobile number that they can send an OTP to, would do. Although I think you may get some extra channels if you use a True Move H number as your TrueID TV login (for instance, you get one of their Premier League channels, though not the main one).

As for the Copa America games, they're on BBC iPlayer also and if watching them on catch-up, I find you don't usually get the same buffering and quality problems as with live streams. Not sure if you can download them in file format though, if that's what you need.

Or you could try https://www.footballorgin.com/ - they also have links to watch games although only after the fact, not live streams and again, not usually downloadable.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Good to know - will experiment.

I've been downloading the late games via torrents but have to make an effort to avoid any news that will tell you the scores!

I've run out of patience with iPlayer - just too much buffering and pixelated displays.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:39 am You don't need a subscription if you only watch the FTA channels. Both NBT2 HD & TS HD3 are free-to-air.

I'm not sure you even need a True mobile number - at least in the past, any mobile number that they can send an OTP to, would do.
I can't get TS HD3 on mine, it tells me I need to:
True.png
True.png (33.04 KiB) Viewed 152 times
My login ID is an AIS phone number.

Points 48; Position 20