Cholesterol reduction tips

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Cholesterol reduction tips

Post by Khundon1975 »

I’ve been using ACV with the mother in it for years.
Despite being overweight, don’t exercise, drink red wine and the odd beer and eat loads of red meat, my cholesterol levels are within the “normal range” and have been for years.
Not sure if that is due to the ACV or not, but it doesn’t do any harm to take it. 🤗
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
buksida

Post by buksida »

ACV - got one on the go now ... foul tasting stuff but needs must ...

Will look into the Red Yeast Rice capsules also, I'm about ready for another iHerb order.

THanks.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Khundon1975 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:23 pm Despite being overweight, don’t exercise, drink red wine and the odd beer and eat loads of red meat...
Finally... finally... after all these years I've found my soulmate, and he's an overweight, middle-aged man... typical!! :cuss: :banghead:
This is the way
buksida

Post by buksida »

I've just found out that high cholesterol is "in the family" so to hell with the diet - ain't gonna make a difference!! :guns:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

ACV with the mother in it? any tips re best brand and where to buy in HH? Thanks for any info.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I think Bragg gets mentioned a lot, can get it on Laz: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/bragg ... 32136.html
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I would check your Villa stores as well. I've gotten it there in other locations, TOPS as well if you're near one. Makro I haven't checked for it, but seems like something they may have.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

51s6grB8m8S._SY450_.jpg
51s6grB8m8S._SY450_.jpg (21.11 KiB) Viewed 424 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This one is sold here too as just bought one last week from Villa here in the east, as Braggs was out of stock. I would suggest that you keep both brands in the fridge after opening.

unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (12.84 KiB) Viewed 421 times
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

You can find Braggs also at Golden Place and online, in Thailand, form GoodKarma.com.

It doesn't need to be refrigerated.

If you don't like the taste, use 2 tsp. ACV & 1 tsp. honey in a cup of water.

If you want to get serious about lowering your cholesterol; 1 gallon of water, 8 oz. ACV and honey to taste. Take 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup in the evening for 3 months then, check your cholesterol. If it's within normal range, reduce your intake to the sentence above twice a day.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

buksida wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:43 am I've just found out that high cholesterol is "in the family" so to hell with the diet - ain't gonna make a difference!! :guns:
Even if it's "in the family," you can still lower yours and be healthy.

My grandfather and father died of heart disease and I don't have heart disease. My mother died of cancer and I don't have cancer. You can always improve your health.

When I die doesn't matter but I hate being sick so I've worked at staying healthy for the past, almost, 40 yrs. Don't give up because it's "in the family."
buksida

Post by buksida »

My point being - why sacrifice all of the stuff you like if it isn't going to make much difference to those levels.

I lead a relatively healthy lifestyle anyway (aside from too many bevvies on occasion) so it doesn't need that much of an effort. The genetic inheritance explains the high figures despite me not eating a lot of meat or fry-ups, exercising regularly, and being at the correct weight (or very close to it).

A bit of ACV and less beer should help though. :thumb:
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:55 am
Khundon1975 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:23 pm Despite being overweight, don’t exercise, drink red wine and the odd beer and eat loads of red meat...
Finally... finally... after all these years I've found my soulmate, and he's an overweight, middle-aged man... typical!! :cuss: :banghead:
I’m almost 70 mate, but I’m already taken. :D
My soulmate (wife of 22 years) is mid 40’s.
So maybe low cholesterol isn’t all down to ACV. :naughty:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Khundon1975 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:54 am
dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:55 am
I’m almost 70 mate, but I’m already taken. :D
My soulmate (wife of 22 years) is mid 40’s.
So maybe low cholesterol isn’t all down to ACV. :naughty:
Well they do say exercise helps and they don't specify what type of exercise!! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Maybe a new wife in her mid-20s would help me lower it then ... :duck: