Fixing for Stone Chip Protector

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
buksida

Re: Fixing for Stone Chip Protector

Post by buksida »

Stories like that are one of the reasons we didn't even entertain the idea of buying a Ford in Thailand. :duck:

Glad you got it sorted.

I know too late but would this have solved it? https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ford- ... 04117.html
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:00 am I know too late but would this have solved it? https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ford- ... 04117.html
Possibly, but the photos show a newer model than the stated 2012 to 2014, and that is adhesive as opposed to the screw and clip. Looking at it, I would suggest the guard in the photo is a different shape. I've never been too impressed with adhesive as a fixing.

Having said that, a very good tip, thank you. I'd never thought of looking at Lazada for Ford bits.

As for Ford, although this started like another Ford horror story, after they sorted themselves out in about 2015, Ford have been very good. Their after sales is probably on a par with most main dealers these days.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

I remember trying to dissuade BB from buying a Ford from before he bought it, but that is now history. Ford, at the time I bought mine (1994 motor show) had two manufacturing facilities, one in Europe and the other in Japan. They were handled by different companies, so you could not get it serviced if a Euro model at a Japanese dealership. Their hardware was incompatible with any mainstream Japanese makes; I once had the misfortune to damage two of my wheels and none of the standard rims had a p.c.d. (pitch circle diameter - the wheel nut circle) similar to the Ford. I had to drive from Nakorn Sawan to Bangkok, wait till Monday for the spare parts sales to open, buy some rather overpriced rims and drive all the way back to Nakorn Sawan.
I met with a sales rep for Ford almost two years ago and asked the question, she had to admit not much has changed in that respect.
Nothing wrong with Fords, I think they're all right, just don't buy one in Thailand.
วินเชนท์