10 baht coins

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

10 baht coins

Post by Thailightzone »

Hello friends,

QUESTION:
Odd question. Do they have coin (change) dispensing ATM machines in Thailand? If not what is the vest way for me to get 10 baht coins - can I ask at the bank for like 500 baht worth?

BACKGROUND:
My condo has a laundry that only excepts 10 baht coins. Although I do my best to save them and try and convert my change to 10's I always seem to be struggling to have the coins on hand.

For some stupid reason the management do not keep a 'petty' cash reserve of these coins on hand from when they are emptied. I tried to explain this concept, but it seems to go over my juristic person's head.

Suggestions?

Cheers,
TLZ

coins-thailand-wat-arun-temple-bangkok-thailand-depicted-thai-ten-baht-coin-57456620.jpg
coins-thailand-wat-arun-temple-bangkok-thailand-depicted-thai-ten-baht-coin-57456620.jpg (100.66 KiB) Viewed 606 times
Last edited by Thailightzone on Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Boy

Re: 10 baht coins

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, go into a bank. So long as you're not too greedy, they will help.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Yes, I know the M in ATM = Machine. I cannot help myself from calling them ATM Machines 😜
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:52 pm Yes, go into a bank. So long as you're not too greedy, they will help.
Cheers, thanks BB 👍

BTW I owe you a coffee or beer 😉
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

You may find that the banks do not have a lot of change as the hawkers also try. Many of them appreciate it if you pay them with coins as loose change is hard to come by. There was a time when I had a small thing going out in the boonies - two phone top up machines and one petrol dispenser - and used to have over 5000 baht in coins every month. The bank would charge a 'counting fee' of 200 baht, sometimes more, so I would exchange them at the PTT petrol station and the DTAC counter, who would always ask if I had more..
วินเชนท์
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, but my son needs 5฿ and 10฿ coins quite frequently, and the bank has never refused him. However, he does look and speaks fluent Thai, so that might make a difference.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

"However, he does look and speaks fluent Thai, so that might make a difference."

Who'd uh thunk it?
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Check other self service laundry places. The ones I have visited have a change machine on the wall. Put in 20/50/100 baht notes and the 10 baht coins come out. Just like Vegas :-)