The Shaving Thread

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: The Shaving Thread

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:You can buy it from Lazada at 249 Baht but there’s another 32 baht for delivery
Why didn't I think of that?!

Started buying my sun spray and contact lenses from Lazada a while back, never thought about shaving gel.

It's the sort thing you could buy 5 of and last maybe 2 years

Thanks

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Ok so, far more important things going on in world but......

In the end I was disappointed with my second pack of Shavy. Sounds odd, but I'm certain they weren't as good as first batch

So I reverted to Gillette Vector '3' (nb not Vector) Blue colour /disposable, which I got at great promo price of 149 baht in Tesco Lotus MV for 1 razor but with 5 blades.
Based on a conservative estimate of only 8 shaves per blade(ok, they don't last long) they work out at about same price as Shavy(based on 15 shaves per blade)

However, for me( and we're all different I know) the Gillette gives a much more comfortable and a simply better shave than Shavy.

Ive come to realise Shavy is too draggy and pully for my liking.

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Worth the time taking a look at the below Lazada site. Some bargains to be had in their Gillette Flagship Store.

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/gillette/ ... ch_history
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I had a look, and certainly the products I know, are the same prices as Lotus's.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

What attracted was the Mach 3 with 12 refills for 595. That's cheap and I've never seen elsewhere.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’ve just checked on Amazon in the UK and 12 blades are £16.09 which is about 695 B, so they’re cheaper on Lazada!!Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The package comes with a razor as well.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

PeteC wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:53 pm What attracted was the Mach 3 with 12 refills for 595. That's cheap and I've never seen elsewhere.
I know this is the 'Gillette' site, but I've posted here before that I found Gillette bargains on Shopee before, which started to remove layers of skin from my face. Just be careful, and if you do use them, please report back what you actually get - the real thing, hopefully.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:14 pm
PeteC wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:53 pm What attracted was the Mach 3 with 12 refills for 595. That's cheap and I've never seen elsewhere.
I know this is the 'Gillette' site, but I've posted here before that I found Gillette bargains on Shopee before, which started to remove layers of skin from my face. Just be careful, and if you do use them, please report back what you actually get - the real thing, hopefully.
They're the real deal. Distributed directly by Proctor & Gamble throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. Cartridges made at P&G Vietnam.

Correction to the original post. The package for 595 is the 12 refills only, not the razor handle.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

PeteC wrote:
They're the real deal. Distributed directly by Proctor & Gamble throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. Cartridges made at P&G Vietnam.

Correction to the original post. The package for 595 is the 12 refills only, not the razor handle.
Pete, what is a fair number for shaves per blade on this item?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:02 pm
PeteC wrote:

I only shave every other day but a Mach 3 blade lasts me more than a month - closer to two.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:02 pm
PeteC wrote: They're the real deal. Distributed directly by Proctor & Gamble throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. Cartridges made at P&G Vietnam.

I only shave every other day but a Mach 3 blade lasts me more than a month - closer to two.
So if each blade lasted 20 shaves that's 2.5 baht per shave

Which is very good VFM IMO ImageImage🪒

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:02 pm Pete, what is a fair number for shaves per blade on this item?

To be determined. This is the first time I've used a Mach 3 and like DB, I don't shave everyday. :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

PeteC wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:14 am
thecolonel wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:02 pm Pete, what is a fair number for shaves per blade on this item?

To be determined. This is the first time I've used a Mach 3 and like DB, I don't shave everyday. :cheers:
This is similar to how long is a piece of string!
Everybody is different, and everybody will shave a bit differently. Do you use hot water, given that most hand basins in Thailand do not have a hot water supply.
What type of shave cream do you use. Do you need a close shave, or just enough to look tidy.

I use Mach 3 with hot water, shave everyday and get up to 8 weeks out of a blade. My mate is battling to get 3 shaves out of a Mach 3 and he no longer buys them, but as he works in an office has to shave everyday. If I do not shave in the morning, then by lunch time I will be starting to itch and have to shave.

I just wish that getting a haircut was as simple as shaving!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

"everybody is different"

If you look at an earlier post I used these exact words

Also I said if (20 shaves etc) just to give an estimate. I did not state they last x amount of time. As you say your mate is 3 and youre 50+. So I think most would be somewhere in between. It was just an estimate and based on that and one other comment

In any event I'm tempted to go for that deal but I'm not seeing the 595 that Pete says but rather 689 I think???

I'd have to buy one first and see if like the shave or not for which the deal won't be as good obviously. I used them 15 years ago ish but can't recall if I like them