YouTube Vanced

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: YouTube Vanced

Post by thecolonel »

STEVE G wrote:
buksida wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:55 pm I was helping a pal set up his new Android phone at the weekend and had the misfortune of using YouTube. The app in its current state is pretty much unusable with its incessant adverts for Shopee that now take over the physical screen, not just the video player, every few minutes.

Naturally, I ditched it and installed Revanced!

Looks like YouTube for TVs is about to get more intolerable:
YouTube Brings Unskippable 30-Second Commercials to Your TV
https://gizmodo.com/youtube-unskippable ... 1850449109

Has anyone tried SmartTubeNext on their Android TV yet?
https://lifehacker.com/how-to-block-you ... 1850468423

Download: https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTubeNext

I understand that many in Thailand are living on a budget but when you consider how much entertainment is available on YouTube, is the 159bt a month they charge for Premium really that unreasonable?
I get it in Europe for 5.99 euro and am happy to pay that to keep life simple and it works in Thailand as well.
Nope, far from it.

For me it's not about not paying £4 month, it really isn't

But rather if there is a way of 'getting around the system' (not just YT, this applies to many things) then I simply want to have that knowledge/understanding. That's the attraction for me.

But I totally get people who just pay £4month and simply be done with it

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

Nothing to do with being on a budget.

If you like to use your noddle a little bit to circumvent "the system" rather than just blindly pulling down your pants to make the billion-dollar profit monopolies richer, there are ways and hacks around most things.

I've been getting around things with tech since the days of dial-up and Napster. I'm not gonna start paying Google every month now!

The same can be said for Apple, Amazon, Spotify, Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Microsoft, Disney, Steam, Social Media, Online Newspapers, True Visions, AIS, etc etc, where does it end?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

buksida wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:49 am Nothing to do with being on a budget.

If you like to use your noddle a little bit to circumvent "the system" rather than just blindly pulling down your pants to make the billion-dollar profit monopolies richer, there are ways and hacks around most things.

I've been getting around things with tech since the days of dial-up and Napster. I'm not gonna start paying Google every month now!

The same can be said for Apple, Amazon, Spotify, Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Microsoft, Disney, Steam, Social Media, Online Newspapers, True Visions, AIS, etc etc, where does it end?
Well it's like anything you buy, is it value for what you pay? Personally I consider the cost minimal for the amount of content available.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Personally, I'd rather spend a few minutes making a couple of tweaks and learning something new than having another monthly bill ... but each to their own.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Personally, I'd rather spend a few minutes making a couple of tweaks and learning something new than having another monthly bill ... but each to their own.
With you all the way....

Someone reckons if you use YouTube via Opera then its no ads??

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

Been looking for some obscure music that I couldn't find downloads on Soulseek or Limetorrents, but it is on YouTube and Shazam.

So back to the MP3 Juices websites ... most of those mentioned earlier in this thread are now defunct or redirect you to scammy sites or malware, but this one works well and has 320 kbps and FLAC downloads available.

https://mp3juice.gg/

YouTube Revanced Premium still working well.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Looks like the Google police have shot Revanced now, mine no longer plays ...

YouTube is finally cracking down on third-party apps like ReVanced
Over the past year or so, we've seen a lot of changes at YouTube, with some having big impacts on the way people enjoy the platform. Since ad revenue is a major part of YouTube, the brand has been quite aggressive in going after those that try and circumvent the system. Towards the end of 2023, it started cracking down on ad blockers, and now, it looks like its trying to put an end to third-party apps that don't abide by its rules.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/y ... r-BB1lHH2r

Peeps getting fed up with YouTube by the looks of it ... its about time we had an alternative to this ad-machine monopoly.
https://www.androidauthority.com/youtub ... l-3434431/

Back to the drawing board ...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Out of interest, how much were you saving by using Vanced or ReVanced?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Not sure what you mean by 'saving', but ReVanced was essentially YouTube without the annoying forced ads every ten minutes (and you could leave it playing it in a closed window which you can't with the regular app - though this is more for music than video).

Now that its dead, I'm back to Shoppee screaming at me for 30 seconds every other song. :banghead:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I meant to go premium i.e. no ads. I've looked it up, and IMHO its quite expensive at £12/month.

My question was pure curiosity, because other subscription channels such as Netflix and Premier League are portrayed as expensive, but are relatively cheap. Certainly not worth the hassle of seeking free work arounds. YouTube, however is much more expensive.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Apparently, YouTube Premium in Thailand is about 160 baht a month, which isn't so bad, but I don't want to be lumbered with the Thai version of the platform or restrictions/censorship. I only really use it for music anyway so a streaming service such as Spotify might be better.

https://youtubever.com/blog/youtube-pre ... -thailand/
buksida

Post by buksida »

A bit of research and we're back in business with ReVanced. It uses YouTube version 19-09-37 which now works with no ads and with the ability to background play.

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

buksida wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:20 pm A bit of research and we're back in business with ReVanced. It uses YouTube version 19-09-37 which now works with no ads and with the ability to background play.
Cheers buksi will give it a whirl :cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.