Airtight Containers

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
lomuamart

Airtight Containers

Post by lomuamart »

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get the above. Preferably glass. They'll be used to store spices.

Thanks.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Re: Airtight Containers

Post by centermid7 »

Would not a jar with a screw lid serve that purpose?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Homepro have over 200 selections which you can view online incl some glass ( I was browsing glass dishes earlier !)
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I use mason jars for my spices. Lots of sizes in glass at makro.

Having said that, I was in there yesterday and all non food areas were cordoned off.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

sateeb wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:31 am I use mason jars for my spices. Lots of sizes in glass at makro.

Having said that, I was in there yesterday and all non food areas were cordoned off.
It’s obviously a government decree, but there’s absolutely no logic in having 75% of the store open and closing off 25% - how on earth can it effect the risk of catching/spreading Covid? Yes I know, logic doesn’t form part of the Thai vocabulary!!
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:39 am It’s obviously a government decree, but there’s absolutely no logic in having 75% of the store open and closing off 25% - how on earth can it effect the risk of catching/spreading Covid? Yes I know, logic doesn’t form part of the Thai vocabulary!!
We were in Tesco Lotus (Market Village) yesterday and the non-food sections had a sign saying something to the effect that they were closed by government order but the sign and the chain holding it were at about six feet off the ground. We needed some large black plastic bags for our kitchen pedal bin so we went under the sign and got them. The check-out clerk didn't bat an eyelid.

I also heard a Thai lady asking if they could buy clothing from the cordoned-off section and a store clerk told them they could. So as you say, no logic (and no point) to it, especially at it's being ignored anyway.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:54 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:39 am It’s obviously a government decree, but there’s absolutely no logic in having 75% of the store open and closing off 25% - how on earth can it effect the risk of catching/spreading Covid? Yes I know, logic doesn’t form part of the Thai vocabulary!!
We were in Tesco Lotus (Market Village) yesterday and the non-food sections had a sign saying something to the effect that they were closed by government order but the sign and the chain holding it were at about six feet off the ground. We needed some large black plastic bags for our kitchen pedal bin so we went under the sign and got them. The check-out clerk didn't bat an eyelid.

I also heard a Thai lady asking if they could buy clothing from the cordoned-off section and a store clerk told them they could. So as you say, no logic (and no point) to it, especially at it's being ignored anyway.
Yes same for me, at Tesco Lotus MV I bought a frying pan and batteries on Monday without any problems
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: We were in Tesco Lotus (Market Village) yesterday and the non-food sections had a sign saying something to the effect that they were closed by government order but the sign and the chain holding it were at about six feet off the ground. We needed some large black plastic bags for our kitchen pedal bin so we went under the sign and got them. The check-out clerk didn't bat an eyelid.

Pity the alcohol cordon doesn't work like that. ImageImage
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Thanks for the suggestions. I got what I needed from Homepro.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

hhinner wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:09 pm
GroveHillWanderer wrote: We were in Tesco Lotus (Market Village) yesterday and the non-food sections had a sign saying something to the effect that they were closed by government order but the sign and the chain holding it were at about six feet off the ground. We needed some large black plastic bags for our kitchen pedal bin so we went under the sign and got them. The check-out clerk didn't bat an eyelid.

Pity the alcohol cordon doesn't work like that. ImageImage
You can buy alcohol anytime at Villain Market.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ You're missing the point again,HHinner is referring to the alcohol cordon in place outside of selling hours. :cheers:

Get with the program slick... :laugh: :duck:

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ He's right about Villa Market though.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I guess most of us know the vagaries of alcohol sales in Thailand and I took your post as anecdotal , hence the duality of man clip from FMJ :thumb: :cheers:

― George Carlin
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

You can also buy alcohol, with the exception of Sateeb, at MV during legal hours.

The burden of always being right must get heavy sometimes.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ Yes, but do you know if they sell airtight containers as this is what the thread is about? :banghead: :naughty:

― George Carlin