Scrabble?

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
hollygolightly1

Scrabble?

Post by hollygolightly1 »

I don't suppose there are any Scrabble players in Hua Hin? I haven't played in a while but would love a game.
tbuzzi
Banned
Banned

Post by tbuzzi »

hi I love scrabble , I don;t have a board with me though do you ???
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

Post by H2ODunc »

Hi as a fellow scrable lover I cant say I ever saw a scrabble board while I was over there, lots of connect 4, but if you are desperate for one let me know as I'm in the UK at the moment and can pick one up from a car boot sale and send it over Cheers Dunc :cheers:
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

I too am keen on scrabble. If no one has one the I can request that the next visitor from the UK brings one with them. I believe that they can also be purchased in Penang in one of the department stores if anybody is heading there in the near future.

Keep posting on this. I am quite happy to get involved and I know other who do not use this site that would liek to get involved aswell.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
tbuzzi
Banned
Banned

Post by tbuzzi »

Hi I am off to BK tomorrow and back friday I am sure I will find one there have to have one in central or WTC . Will let you know when I am back ?
hollygolightly1

So happy! No, I don't have a board - it's one of those things I wish I'd brought with me... I have a friend in Bangkok who could look for me so I will ask. Thanks for the offer to send over from the UK too... it might be solution.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

A point that is important if you want to play seriously is that a Dictionary must be agreed upon and available also. There not all the same.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
hollygolightly1

Guess wrote:A point that is important if you want to play seriously is that a Dictionary must be agreed upon and available also. There not all the same.
We have a professional! Quite right and that list of two-letter words that no-one ever believes exist...
tbuzzi
Banned
Banned

Post by tbuzzi »

So should I buy a dictionary too ? If so which one? Or are you just kidding??
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Guess wrote:A point that is important if you want to play seriously is that a Dictionary must be agreed upon and available also. There not all the same.
I've got a Thai one :thumb:
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

I remember well, on one of my early holiday trips to Thailand with a buddy back in the very early 80s when we were both working in the Middle East, we brought a travelling scrabble game with us. We played hundreds of games over the 2 weeks, waiting in airports, on the plane, on the beach.

In between all the "fun" it was a great way to relax and much more social that a book.

And yes, a dictionary is important to prevent any arguments.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Just an odd thought. If you can't find one and can get a photo of one, am sure there is a Thai shop in town who could make a few for you, the pieces as well. Pete. :cheers:
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

I've got scrabble with me. Play the odd game now and again. Occasionaly a normal one too.
hollygolightly1

Jockey wrote:I've got scrabble with me. Play the odd game now and again. Occasionaly a normal one too.
You are going to be so popular! :cheers:
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

OK who wants to play? Where? When?