Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which booster vaccine have you received?

AstraZeneca
20%
Johnson & Johnson
No votes
Moderna
22%
Pfizer
44%
Sinopharm
4%
Sinovac
No votes
Other (Explain)
2%
4%

Total votes: 45

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by sateeb »

Whilst Buksi seems to think that some of us "rushed" to BKK for an alternative vaccine that was being offered here, some might call it foresight to get vaccinated at the earliest opportunity!!

Anyhoo, I e mailed Jina at BCCT this morning as to the availability of booster jabs as I plan a trip back to the UK middle of next year. Here is her reply:-

We are only working on booster for those that had 2 x Sinovac or Sinopham at the moment

We do not know what happen next year

It is a volunteer job and I have been working 24/7 this year so I need be careful with my health and focus on my full time job

Best Regards
Jina Phenix
Business Development Manager
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I think BCCT did a great job whilst the rest was in chaos. There does appear to be better organisation of late. Fingers crossed.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

HHTel wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:12 am I think BCCT did a great job whilst the rest was in chaos. There does appear to be better organisation of late. Fingers crossed.
Agreed, she and her team did a fantastic job. Look at her Facebook page and see some of the idiotic comments/requests she had to deal with. :banghead:

I'm pretty sure that booster shots will be available at private hospitals in the near future.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Given the numbers of Pfizer doses the government has ordered I expect there'll be plenty boosters available in public hospitals (and shopping centres) next year.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:12 am I think BCCT did a great job whilst the rest was in chaos. There does appear to be better organisation of late. Fingers crossed.
I agree, they did a fantastic job, and helped out many nationalities. Although I didn't use them in the end, they were very professional in their dealings with me, and I have several friends delighted with the service they provided.

As for the Government supplied vaccines, the only thing that was chaotic was their almost daily deliverance of a new app that didn't talk to the thousands of other apps they had already delivered. Even that seems to have settled down now i.e. I haven't been called for vaccination for 1 month and 6 days now.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

hhinner wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:39 am Given the numbers of Pfizer doses the government has ordered I expect there'll be plenty boosters available in public hospitals (and shopping centres) next year.
I thought the same this morning after posting that CNN article. They have to make the booster routine easy and convenient. Walk in to any hospital and register on the spot to prove you haven't already had one somewhere else recently. They also need to increase the number of locations where boosters are available.

The current routine of getting an SMS invitation/responding/getting a number/getting another SMS to go to xxx on a certain date etc. Way too labour intensive and time wasting for everyone.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ The public health system is a lot easier than having SMS messages going to and fro anyway. I expect that for those in Mor Phrom system it will be quite easy.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:
I agree, they did a fantastic job, and helped out many nationalities. Although I didn't use them in the end, they were very professional in their dealings with me, and I have several friends delighted with the service they provided.

As for the Government supplied vaccines, the only thing that was chaotic was their almost daily deliverance of a new app that didn't talk to the thousands of other apps they had already delivered. Even that seems to have settled down now i.e. I haven't been called for vaccination for 1 month and 6 days now.
Is that via Mor Prom?

If so can you please explain how to navigate app as its in Thai?

I had the same vax protocol as you(SV/AZ I believe) at same hospital but 2/3 weeks after you so I'd be interested to know if there's a date set for me too

TIA

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Firstly, my Mor Phrom has a language button in the top right hand corner.

Secondly, the app where I was being called weekly for vaccination was an early HHH app. I think the reason it's stopped calling is only because its stopped working.

The booster vaccine app was this one the last time I looked. I won't be due a booster until February, so will start looking then. You are after me in the list, so I'm sure I'll have a few moans when it happens (or not). You should be able to learn from my woes. http://www.pcko.moph.go.th/booster3.htm ... e2dfF6BWzY

Points 51; Position 21
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Doesn't seem to do anything yet.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Just about any Covid-19 vaccine works as a booster, study finds

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news ... 87e78b0bc0

Any one of six different Covid-19 vaccines produce a strong immune system response and should work safely and well as boosters for people who have received initial vaccinations with either the Pfizer/BioNTech or AstraZeneca vaccines, British researchers reported Thursday.

They said their findings are especially important as studies show protection from two doses of these vaccines is waning. The new Omicron variant may evade some of the effects of vaccines, researchers reported in the Lancet medical journal..

And the longer the interval between the initial vaccine and the booster dose, the stronger the immune response, according to the research.

“It’s really encouraging that a wide range of vaccines, using different technologies, show benefits as a third dose to either AstraZeneca or Pfizer/BioNTech. That gives confidence and flexibility in developing booster programs here in the UK and globally, with other factors like supply chain and logistics also in play,” said Saul Faust of the University Hospital Southampton, who led the study team.

Study methods: The researchers randomly gave one of seven different boosters to more than 2,800 people, including vaccines made by AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson, Novavax, Moderna, Germany’s Curevac and France’s Valneva.

After four weeks, almost everyone had similar immune responses. AstraZeneca’s vaccine did not provide a strong boost if given to people initially vaccinated with the same vaccine, the researchers found. Otherwise, any of the vaccines boosted either vaccine well. The team will follow volunteers for at least a year.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Let’s hope that one way or another (free or paid for) booster vaccines become available here!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:23 pm Let’s hope that one way or another (free or paid for) booster vaccines become available here!!
They are now, looking at the daily vaccination numbers from various sources. The quantity of 3rd shots are all boosters. I'm hoping that if you have the MOPH application installed on your phone they have a plan to message/alert a person on the 6th month anniversary of the #2 initial vaccine shot. Perhaps I'm being too logical?! :roll: Anyway, we'll find out sooner or later. :cheers:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

PeteC wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:31 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:23 pm Let’s hope that one way or another (free or paid for) booster vaccines become available here!!
They are now, looking at the daily vaccination numbers from various sources. The quantity of 3rd shots are all boosters. I'm hoping that if you have the MOPH application installed on your phone they have a plan to message/alert a person on the 6th month anniversary of the #2 initial vaccine shot. Perhaps I'm being too logical?! :roll: Anyway, we'll find out sooner or later. :cheers:
Any logic in Thailand is "too logical."
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't know if it's been superseded, but I have already posted the link of the app that we're supposed to enter our ID number into to see when our booster shot should be. However, I guess that is PKK only.

Points 51; Position 21