FA CUP 2022

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
buksida

Re: FA CUP 2022

Post by buksida »

Anyone know what channels will be showing the semi-final today aside from paid services and PPTV36 which buffers constantly and is unwatchable for events? Asking for a pal who is a massive Liverpool fan.

Does the Beeb work with Express VPN now?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:38 am Anyone know what channels will be showing the semi-final today aside from paid services and PPTV36 which buffers constantly and is unwatchable for events? Asking for a pal who is a massive Liverpool fan.

Does the Beeb work with Express VPN now?
Express VPN has been pretty stable of late and I regularly watch live programmes on BBC without any/much buffering - tonight could be different though!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I always check Doo Football to see who is broadcasting a game:
Semi.png
Semi.png (29.13 KiB) Viewed 137 times
Of that, my choice will be Bein, simply because it comes as part of my AIS package.

I've never successfully watched live football using Express VPN.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Cheers, I'll run a few tests with the Beeb and VPN on the new lappy first.

I can get BeIN on the phone through LiveNetTV so may have to cast it to the TV if it works as a backup.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You need to be sure you are checking the right version of Bein. It comes in many forms/languages. You can get AIS for a song onto your phone or laptop/both. If you want to watch it uninterrupted, it is your best best bet.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

I dont have an AIS TV subscription so will try the VPN and BBC first, it has worked before.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’ve noticed that the buffering tends to increase at the weekends - I assume it’s related to the number of users in the area which increases at the weekends, no doubt exacerbated today by it also being at the end of the Songkran holidays - the local hotel car parks were heaving this morning!!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Watching on the VPN hasn’t been an issue tonight, no buffering worth mentioning. As for the game, it’s going to be a very tall order for City to get back in the game, being 3-0 down at half time, but if anyone can do it, it’s City (although I’d be amazed if they did).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm mainly watching on beIN, but out of interest have it on my laptop using BBC via Express VPN.

As always, beIN is perfect, definitely full HD.

BBC is watchable, although I've noticed the red rotating circle a few times, but by no means unacceptable. What I have found very irritable, but again OK has been the picture quality. It became very grainy quite a few times.

When all is said and done, it was probably the best live sport I've seen via Express VPN.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Obviously the internet could also be a contributory factor, but I’d say that my service last night was one of the best watching live TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Of course what we should be saying is that it was a great game, Liverpool dominant in the first half but City fighting back in the second half. On balance I think the scoreline was just about right, but in all honesty it could have gone either way!!

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:26 am Obviously the internet could also be a contributory factor, but I’d say that my service last night was one of the best watching live TV

I don't think I disagreed.
probably the best live sport I've seen via Express VPN
Yes, a very good cup game for the neutral.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:43 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:26 am Obviously the internet could also be a contributory factor, but I’d say that my service last night was one of the best watching live TV

I don't think I disagreed.
probably the best live sport I've seen via Express VPN
Yes, a very good cup game for the neutral.
I wasn’t suggesting you were disagreeing, but what I was adding was that different internet supplies can also make a difference - I have TOT and I believe you have 3BB?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have AIS, but surely if the Internet was sub-standard, then the beIN feed would have been equally affected.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not if you can watch it without the VPN - it’s the VPN that makes the biggest difference, but without being able to prove it, I’m sure that the internet supply does have an impact, but to what extent I can’t say. Anyway, it was a good game!!