Bangkok Post Electronic Edition

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Bangkok Post Electronic Edition

Post by Ratsima »

The last available electronic issue was the one for March 3. Nothing since then. The PressReader FB page says:
PressReader's technical teams have been working around the clock to address the recent disruptions to services. Our security teams have now classified this as a cyber security incident. This situation comes as companies across North America have seen an increase in security incidents over the past several weeks.

At this stage, we do not see any evidence that customer data has been compromised, and we are continuing to restore content processing so that we can release current issues of your favorite publications.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Bangkok Post Electronic Edition

Post by joelle »

Ratsima wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:02 pm The last available electronic issue was the one for March 3. Nothing since then. The PressReader FB page says:
PressReader's technical teams have been working around the clock to address the recent disruptions to services. Our security teams have now classified this as a cyber security incident. This situation comes as companies across North America have seen an increase in security incidents over the past several weeks.

At this stage, we do not see any evidence that customer data has been compromised, and we are continuing to restore content processing so that we can release current issues of your favorite publications.
It's back on again :cheers:
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

Yeah, but they still haven't been able to post last Friday and Saturday. I really want to get at those comics.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

This morning I wake up to find that there has been a $400 charge to my credit card from PressReader, the company that publishes the digital edition of the Bangkok Post. Needless to say, this is a fraudulent charge. It seems that the "cyber security incident" which prevented them from publishing for a few days also included a breach of their user data.

Thank-you PressReader.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

All was OK yesterday as they finally restored the daily alerts that I had been receiving. Will watch CC closely for fraud on that previous post.