Serving of alcohol in restaurants.

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Serving of alcohol in restaurants.

Post by huahin4ever »

I know due to Covid only restaurants in Hua Hin city area were allowed to serve alcohol, but wasn't this lifted after 1 May? Last night I went to a restaurant over the hill west of the elephant foundation and when ordered wine got it served in regular glasses. Asked why we couldn't get wine glasses, the waitress said it was still not allowed. Is this really the case?

YNWA

YNWA
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Serving of alcohol in restaurants.

Post by HHTel »

Not according to CCSA who have increased the allowable time from 2300 till midnight as from May 1st.
Restaurants, and ‘restaurants’, will be able to serve alcohol until midnight, instead of 11pm. Like the Thailand Pass changes, the alcohol curfew change is set to start on May 1.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

huahin4ever wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:43 am I know due to Covid only restaurants in Hua Hin city area were allowed to serve alcohol, but wasn't this lifted after 1 May? Last night I went to a restaurant over the hill west of the elephant foundation and when ordered wine got it served in regular glasses. Asked why we couldn't get wine glasses, the waitress said it was still not allowed. Is this really the case?

YNWA
I don't suppose they see the absurdity in using regular glasses instead of wine glasses. I wonder if you can order water in a wine glass? If not, then the ban is on glassware and not on alcohol.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Someone also said it could be because the restaurant is not SHA/SHA+, but I didn't think any restaurant could be open now during Covid unless they got this certification? Confusing really

YNWA

YNWA