Pasta Factory review, sorry disappointed

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
CliveBLive
Banned
Banned

Pasta Factory

Post by CliveBLive »

Yo mate, I agree. Been there three times, and though the atmosphere is charming, the food AND service were substandard. Pity.
huahinsimon
Professional
Professional

Pasta Factory

Post by huahinsimon »

I've eatten there about 5 times over 4 years. I dont live here permanent so you could say 5 times over 6 months. Meals were great the first few times. I liked the folded napkins, sucker for a gimmic. Then the wheeles started coming off. I brought my own bottle of wine, a gift from a friend, and I got the response from Hannes, Brought your own wine,huh. OK maybe he had a bad day. Next time I came I didnt have my own wine and my girlfriend asked about the discount offered. "That's for regular customers," he snapped. We didnt order wine. maybe another bad day.

On my last visit I treated some friends to a meal. I ordered ministrone soup for a starter. Now I've had minestrone soup on 4 continents and I know it when I see it. I was presented with this bowl of what I will call spagetti soup. mostly soggy spagetti pasta (left over from yesterday?)with a few veggis thrown in.
No red beans, no garbonzos, no taste!! I called the waitress, told her this is not minestrone soup and ordered another starter.

When the bill came I was charged for the soup. I called the waitress, who called Hannes. I sent it back. It wasnt ministrone soup I said. "You ordered it, you pay for it," :guns: He almost shouted. I ordered ministrone soup, not spagetti soup, I countered. "That's the way we make it here!! he countered. See in the menu, it says "Haus Art." which loosley translated from the German means "the way we make it here"

I asked if I order pizza and you serve me tortalini I have to accept it because thats what you serve as "pizza?" OK you dont have to pay! mutter mutter mutter as he walked away, (thats not German, I mean he was muttering to himself.)

not back since and never will
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Pasta Factory

Post by dtaai-maai »

huahinsimon wrote: ... mutter mutter mutter as he walked away, (thats not German, I mean he was muttering to himself.)
:D :D Nice one, Simon, enjoyed that!

The more I hear about Hannes/Basil, the more tempted I am to go along. But without wanting to veer too far off topic, I'm curious why it's possible to be so frank and critical about a restaurant, but not about a housing development.
This is the way
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Answering solely as a member and not as a mod here, as I don't wish to speak for HHAD when stating my personal opinions, possibly because some people (even sponsors) are man enough to take criticism (& maybe *gasp* even implement changes) without threatening lawsuits & some aren't :?
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
jackie

Post by jackie »

When we were in HH in July we found a lovely resturant called Dukes. The food was excellent, sea view,Italian and Thai food served ,excellent service and the food was very hot when we got it. I would certainly reccoment it to everyone.

:P
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges
CliveBLive
Banned
Banned

Post by CliveBLive »

[quote="jackie"]When we were in HH in July we found a lovely resturant called Dukes. The food was excellent, sea view,Italian and Thai food served ,excellent service and the food was very hot when we got it. I would certainly reccoment it to everyone.

:P[/quote]

Isn't Dukes across from Coco's?? Coco's is another very pleasant restaurant with good food and good service.
buksida

Re: Pasta Factory

Post by buksida »

huahinsimon wrote: When the bill came I was charged for the soup. I called the waitress, who called Hannes. I sent it back. It wasnt ministrone soup I said. "You ordered it, you pay for it," :guns: He almost shouted. I ordered ministrone soup, not spagetti soup, I countered. "That's the way we make it here!! he countered.
Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode .... "No soup for you!" :mrgreen:
possibly because some people (even sponsors) are man enough to take criticism (& maybe *gasp* even implement changes) without threatening lawsuits & some aren't
:bow:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
huahinsimon
Professional
Professional

pasta factory

Post by huahinsimon »

Dawn, I think the answer to your question is that restauranters, pardon my french, are not crooks. Serving a misnamed ministrone is not a crime, but what some people do in the name of development surely is.
huahinsimon
Professional
Professional

pasta factory

Post by huahinsimon »

sorry Dawn it wasnt your questio is was dtaai-maai
jackie

Post by jackie »

I have never been to Coco's but if it is near Dukes then I will give it a try next time

:roll:
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges
Son of Huahiniain
Novice
Novice

Post by Son of Huahiniain »

Couldn't possibly comment on the new pasta factory as I haven't tried it yet, however I have used Coco's many times during my regular visits to HH, and would recommend it to all. Staff, food, location (in no particular order) are all excellent.
huahinsimon
Professional
Professional

pasta factory

Post by huahinsimon »

no one coming to the defense of the p factory. that says a lot without saying anything
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

As I have posted before on this thread and on others I have eaten there many times with my partner and have always found the food and the service to be very good!!
Have eaten when busy and when quiet, have eaten at the old Pasta Factory opposite the Sofitel and at the new location and it has always been very good :D
Yes there is road noise at the new location but that is beyond Hannes's control.

:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.