Renewing a UK passport in Thailand

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Renewing a UK passport in Thailand

Post by HHTel »

It was actually super quick from posting in HH to Key Visa and arriving back in HH it was under 3 weeks. That was 2 years ago at the end of 2020 when everything was locked down so people movement was almost non-existant.
buksida

Post by buksida »

thecolonel wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:32 am BB... in the end I switched to Anna Visa Services on 94 roughly opp G Hotel car park I think. Very nice lady

There are two Visa/Passports services run by two different ladies on Lower (Eastern) section of 94. One has just relocated into a triple fronted shop next to Morning Bread trading as Hua Hin Visa Services.
Can we have some details on the agent you used now that Key Visa may no longer be an option (website, email or Line contact, prices, etc). Cheers.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Re: Thai passport renewal ... 10 years?

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:47 pm Probably the wrong thread, but once it leaves my person in Thailand, what checks are they actually doing? Surely, that is all done by the authorities before bit commences it's 3 month journey.
Pure conjecture but I would think that if you're just doing a simple renewal, one thing they would do is to check your previous passport applications till they find the one where you did have to provide proof, then compare the subsequent photos to see that they provide a recognisable progression to the recent photo you've just submitted. At least, that's how I'd do it.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:32 am BB... in the end I switched to Anna Visa Services on 94 roughly opp G Hotel car park I think. Very nice lady

There are two Visa/Passports services run by two different ladies on Lower (Eastern) section of 94. One has just relocated into a triple fronted shop next to Morning Bread trading as Hua Hin Visa Services.
Can we have some details on the agent you used now that Key Visa may no longer be an option (website, email or Line contact, prices, etc). Cheers.
Anna Visa Services

Khun Anna Moore. Nice lady speaks excellent English. Married to an American man who is a Captain of a ship(Maybe Captain Phillips?!)

Has all the paperwork and can take photos in her office. I was pleased with her service. That said job is not quite yet done, I get my passport on Jan 2 but at least it's there in Bkk

Tel, Line ID and WhatsApp

065 663 5211

Also see Google maps

I know that like many other Thais Anna goes to visit family soon so is not in her HH office from 29 Dec but returns to office Jan 2nd.

Anna charges 5000 baht(same as the other lady) which includes the two trips she has to make to Bkk.

You will be without your current passport for 1-3 days while she takes to Bkk for application. Then the same again for the collection of new.

The whole process seems to take between 3 and 14 weeks depending upon how busy UK office is so plan ahead in good time.

People who have not done this before need to be aware that as regards 1 year Visa extension you will only get as long as what is left on your passport. So renew you passport in good time for Visa extension

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

Thanks for that, its for my son's UK passport which runs out next year sometime so no issues with being without it or visas.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Groodman

Post by Groodman »

Do you still need a letter from the Embassy to transfer visa over.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ That should come with the new passport, at least mine did.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

sateeb wrote:/\ That should come with the new passport, at least mine did.
That is what Khun Anna says too...

As you look from Soi 94 Anna Visa Services is on the left of Morning Bread. The other lady has a larger shop to the right of Morning Bread

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: The 90 Day Report Thread

Post by thecolonel »

I'm hearing completely conflicting accounts of whether there is a fee charged by Immigration Office for transferring Visa from old passport to new

Comments please

TIA

londongeorge

Post by londongeorge »

I just transferred from my old UK Passport to my new one last month and was charged B500.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Officially, it's free. Unofficially it's 500 baht.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m fairly certain that’s what I had to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

I’ve just collected my new passport, a little under three weeks since I submitted my application when I was in Bangkok just before Christmas, they advised me that it would take twelve weeks, though it might be a tad quicker.
When I transferred my stamps from my previous passport in Bangkok ten years ago, all I needed was my old and new passports, no letter was asked for, and they didn’t add the Hua Hin local surcharge, is there anything else I’ll need.
I’m assuming there’s no receipt for the unofficial fee, it just goes in the local party tin, similar to the certificate of residence?
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Did mine in September. Old and new passport, letter of authenticity + the, ahem, 500 thank you fee. Not 100% sure but take copies of the photo page of your new passport and perhaps a passport sized photo of your good self. Probably not needed but pre armed saves you time queuing at the copy shop.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Massive changes coming for British passport applications next month - with everyone affected

As of February 2023, it will become that little bit more expensive to apply for a British passport - the Tory Government have confirmed.

Chiefs are set to introduce new passport fees for all applications as of February 2, affecting all who are both newly applying or renewing their passports.

As it currently stands, a standard online application made from within the UK will set an adult back £75.50 and a child £49, but both numbers are set to rise. As of February 2, adults will be charged £82.50 and children will be charged £53.50 respectively.
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/uk ... n-25955079