Tumtad Soi 94

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Tumtad Soi 94

Post by HHTel »

I don't usually add to this thread. However, I was meeting some friends from Korea this afternoon and my wife suggested this restaurant. Passed it many times but never given it a thought.

Tumtad Soi 94.
Just off 94 close to 'Pizza Garden'. They have a large menu and after today I can say the food quality is excellent. Apparently a favourite with 'farangs'. 1,200 baht for 5 people including drinks and multiple plates.

Worth checking out:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tumta ... 99.9541214
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Tumtad Soi 94

Post by caller »

That's odd, I don't normally eat in that area either, but a few weeks ago, I too visited this place. But I only now know the name because of the pics in the link above. It came across as a really friendly place and clearly frequented by expats. I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere when I was there. There is parking opposite, which is definitely needed, considering the location.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

How has this come up as a new topic? I posted, or thought I'd posted in Hua Hin Restaurant News.

Could one of you clever people put it where it belongs?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Having a nice meal in a Hua Hin restaurant is not news. Having read your post, it looks like a recommendation for Tumtad. As we don't have a thread already, it has warranted a thread of it's own.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:27 pm I don't usually add to this thread. However, I was meeting some friends from Korea this afternoon and my wife suggested this restaurant. Passed it many times but never given it a thought.

Tumtad Soi 94.
Just off 94 close to 'Pizza Garden'. They have a large menu and after today I can say the food quality is excellent. Apparently a favourite with 'farangs'. 1,200 baht for 5 people including drinks and multiple plates.

Worth checking out:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tumta ... 99.9541214
One of the reviews said that the food was very salty. Can anyone confirm that, or are y'all accustomed to that?
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

I've had the odd beer there but never eaten.

Mostly because a Thai lady I know, who frequents the place a lot because she has friends who own it and/or work there, told me the food is nothing special.

Kind of put me off.

Maybe they have upped their game...

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Not too bad the hotpot in 2nd floor a little further along (20m) in the same street. 2nd Floor of Cha Bar I believe. Anyway nice one, and quiet and a bit tucked away this Tuumtad. Can sit there "late"

YNWA

YNWA
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

handdrummer wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:54 pm
One of the reviews said that the food was very salty. Can anyone confirm that, or are y'all accustomed to that?
We had about 9 or 10 plates and nobody commented on the saltiness. The dishes I tried were very good. Larb, wings, spring rolls, tom yang kung, and prawns in a 'sauce'. Of those I can say that they were as expected. I couldn't find fault.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

huahin4ever wrote:Not too bad the hotpot in 2nd floor a little further along (20m) in the same street. 2nd Floor of Cha Bar I believe. Anyway nice one, and quiet and a bit tucked away this Tuumtad. Can sit there "late" ImageImage

YNWA
Which one 'late'.... unclear from above thanks

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Can sit late in Tuumtaad, at least last time I was there in May. Can also sit late in most bars, they will turn down any music and switch off some lights. I know from time to time people have been sitting late in Tuumtaad, people I know, an same goes for the bar on the corner a bit further on, Cha Bar.

YNWA

YNWA