Visa options aside from retirement

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Visa options aside from retirement

Post by Dannie Boy »

PeteC wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:33 pm I got caught out long ago, in the late 90's on United, from Honolulu. I solved it by buying an inexpensive ticket Bangkok > Singapore which I cancelled once in Thailand and got a refund. There wasn't a problem with no return ticket, they just wanted to see an onward ticket. It's been many years now since I've read anywhere about it still being a problem. :cheers:
Looking on various media websites it seems hit and miss - many people say they have entered on a single ticket whereas some have been refused entry/permission to fly. It’s obviously a risk and one that I don’t think I’m willing to take, so will probably go down the route of booking a single ticket to somewhere that can be cancelled for a refund (less admin charge).
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Yes the agent I finally used is hua hin. I say finally because first one was disaster. The good one based soi 88. I used the main immigration office. Got my extension bluport but they not do first time o and retirement visa. I came start June on Thai airways. Happy to give names of good and bad agents via pm.

Andy
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

ahandpatsy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:12 pm Yes the agent I finally used is hua hin. I say finally because first one was disaster. The good one based soi 88. I used the main immigration office. Got my extension bluport but they not do first time o and retirement visa. I came start June on Thai airways. Happy to give names of good and bad agents via pm.

Andy
Ok thanks, if I need to use an Agent (I will try to do it myself initially) I’ll send you a pm!!
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:15 pm
ahandpatsy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:12 pm Yes the agent I finally used is hua hin. I say finally because first one was disaster. The good one based soi 88. I used the main immigration office. Got my extension bluport but they not do first time o and retirement visa. I came start June on Thai airways. Happy to give names of good and bad agents via pm.

Andy
Ok thanks, if I need to use an Agent (I will try to do it myself initially) I’ll send you a pm!!

I tried myself initially and I would be happy to give you the benefit of my experiences. Good luck to you
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

ahandpatsy wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:15 pm

Andy

I tried myself initially and I would be happy to give you the benefit of my experiences. Good luck to you
Ok standby your keyboard in a couple of months!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Andy
Andy, I’ve sent you a PM. :cheers: