Going to Pattaya

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
joelle
Legend
Legend

Going to Pattaya

Post by joelle »

Need to go to Pattaya next week for a couple of days and would appreciate any recommendations on a pleasant place to stay which won't breake the bank, preferably with swimming pool.
TIA
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Going to Pattaya

Post by sateeb »

North, South or Central Patts?

Recently stayed up North near to Terminal 21. The Holiday Inn has rooms to suit all pockets or The Woodlands Resort if you don't like heights.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This place is away from the center of town Joelle and all self contained; pool, beach, restaurant. Prices for some of the rooms doesn't look bad and perhaps lower from other agencies? Look at the "Gallery" tab to give an idea about the place. :cheers:

https://birdsandbeesresort.com/#
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PeteC wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:21 am This place is away from the center of town Joelle and all self contained; pool, beach, restaurant. Prices for some of the rooms doesn't look bad and perhaps lower from other agencies? Look at the "Gallery" tab to give an idea about the place. :cheers:

Looks expensive to me + the cheapest room I found was nearly 8000 Baht per night!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:55 pm
PeteC wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:21 am This place is away from the center of town Joelle and all self contained; pool, beach, restaurant. Prices for some of the rooms doesn't look bad and perhaps lower from other agencies? Look at the "Gallery" tab to give an idea about the place. :cheers:

Looks expensive to me + the cheapest room I found was nearly 8000 Baht per night!!
Keep looking. Standard rooms are down around 1,700 on Google Room's, Agoda etc. The list and type of rooms is long on the above website, and standard on there is listed at 2,500 I think before any discounts.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PeteC wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:58 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:55 pm

Keep looking. Standard rooms are down around 1,700 on Google Room's, Agoda etc. The list and type of rooms is long on the above website, and standard on there is listed at 2,500 I think before any discounts.
I’m sure I didn’t look too carefully but my initial look showed some fairly high figures - hopefully Joelle will have more luck :cheers:
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

sateeb wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:19 am North, South or Central Patts?

Recently stayed up North near to Terminal 21. The Holiday Inn has rooms to suit all pockets or The Woodlands Resort if you don't like heights.
Thank you but Holiday Inn too expensive, Woodlands maybe we shall have a closer look
:cheers:
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Thank you for the suggestion
After my initial shock and same reaction as DB when I saw the prices, I had a closer look on booking. com and noticed some rooms at about 1800 baht for 20m2.
It most certainly looks very nice, we shall call in and see what the rooms are like and what they offer.
Thanks for having taken the trouble :cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Myself and the kids/family have always stayed many times over the years at the Romeo Palace in Naklua. Away from the beach road bars and regular 'baht buses' to get to town.
A 9-minute walk from Wong Amat beach, this unpretentious hotel is 3 km from the wooden Sanctuary of Truth temple and 4 km from Mini Siam, an attraction featuring models of landmark
buildings.

Featuring balconies, the simple rooms have flat-screen TVs and minibars. Some offer shared bathrooms; upgraded rooms include en suite facilities, as well as air-conditioning.

A beach shuttle is complimentary. Other amenities include a casual restaurant with a pool table, as well as 2 bars (1 next to an outdoor pool; 1 open 24/7). Massage treatments, parking and breakfast are also available.
https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Prices start at 630 baht for the cheapest room. We've never been disappointed.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

HHTel wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:08 pm Myself and the kids/family have always stayed many times over the years at the Romeo Palace in Naklua. Away from the beach road bars and regular 'baht buses' to get to town.
A 9-minute walk from Wong Amat beach, this unpretentious hotel is 3 km from the wooden Sanctuary of Truth temple and 4 km from Mini Siam, an attraction featuring models of landmark
buildings.

Featuring balconies, the simple rooms have flat-screen TVs and minibars. Some offer shared bathrooms; upgraded rooms include en suite facilities, as well as air-conditioning.

A beach shuttle is complimentary. Other amenities include a casual restaurant with a pool table, as well as 2 bars (1 next to an outdoor pool; 1 open 24/7). Massage treatments, parking and breakfast are also available.
https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Prices start at 630 baht for the cheapest room. We've never been disappointed.
Thank you, made a note of it 👍