Have 'other banks' ATMs started charging a fee?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Have 'other banks' ATMs started charging a fee?

Post by Dannie Boy »

I don’t mind admitting that I’m a dinosaur when it comes to things like this - I wouldn’t have a clue on how to pay for something using a QR code (and am happy to stay that way thanks).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I was initially very reluctant to join this method. However my daughter persuaded me after a couple of occasions where I didn't have enough cash on me so she paid by QR.
Once BKK bank installed all the necessary, I found it so easy. No more difficult than using an ATM, and no card to compromise.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

I use the TrueMoney Wallet at 7Eleven and Lotus’s. It’s a bit of a hassle to set up but tends to be faster than scanning QR codes. TrueMoney Wallet is accepted at many places these days.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It does appear there are more 'cons' than 'pros' for True's Wallet, mainly on setup.

Just an example from many:
Jumping through endless loop of frustration... to get registered as a foreigner on this app. After getting though the Passport scan, which took seemingly 1000 takes because of the security decal reflections, then the correct mobile camera shot, I get my registration process aborted because I do not fit their silly & intrusive occupational profile survey. I am a retired person, but because I am not retired from GOVERNMENT, as a foreigner, I am not worthy of a TRUEMONEY WALLET registration!
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

My experience was nowhere near that bad. I would have given up.

Oh, wait, I think that was me.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Got hit with a K-bank ATM fee yesterday when drawing cash out in Chumphon province so yes, they're still doing it.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson