The Hua Hin Boardwalk Project

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Big Boy

The Hua Hin Boardwalk Project

Post by Big Boy »

I just happened across this on social media this morning and found it interesting. It was the second video on the subject by the same guy that does the train track drone videos. I've since watched the first in the series, which dates back to February.

It seems the area around the piers has been disputed for 40 years, and the videos have helped clarify the reason(s) for me. The videos also clarified what they intend doing with the area. I've attached the videos below. I thought they might generate some interest/discussion.

Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: The Hua Hin Boardwalk Project

Post by caller »

Very interesting find, BB. Thanks
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: The Hua Hin Boardwalk Project

Post by HHTel »

Interesting videos.
Having been here for over 20 years, I remember some of the earlier planning. Many years ago all the businesses along 'the beach road' were served 60 day notices to vacate the premises and land. A delegation was sent to BKK and the order was changed to a 2 year notice. The plan at the time was to open the beach as in Cha-Am.
As said in the video, things move slowly and since that 2 year notice was given, I don't think there's been any further action.
I'm sure it'll happen one day but many of us will have departed this world by then.