BBC Radio 2

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

BBC Radio 2

Post by sateeb »

Not a big fan of the local radio stations. I've started to listen to Radio 2 through my Smart speaker at home. I especially like OJ Borg on from 7am - 10 local.
I've tried it in the car through the BBC Sounds app and comes out crystal clear on the car speakers through the android auto screen.
A breakthrough for this tech dinosaur :thumb:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: BBC Radio 2

Post by Dannie Boy »

sateeb wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:11 am Not a big fan of the local radio stations. I've started to listen to Radio 2 through my Smart speaker at home. I especially like OJ Borg on from 7am - 10 local.
I've tried it in the car through the BBC Sounds app and comes out crystal clear on the car speakers through the android auto screen.
You must be using 4G to use it on the move - does it use a lot of data? I listen to Ken Bruce most days (at home), albeit on catch-up as his time is 9.30 - 12.00 UK times and I prefer to listen to it at a similar time in Thailand.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:28 am
sateeb wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:11 am Not a big fan of the local radio stations. I've started to listen to Radio 2 through my Smart speaker at home. I especially like OJ Borg on from 7am - 10 local.
You must be using 4G to use it on the move - does it use a lot of data? I listen to Ken Bruce most days (at home), albeit on catch-up as his time is 9.30 - 12.00 UK times and I prefer to listen to it at a similar time in Thailand.
Good question with a simple answer of I have no idea. I have a monthly top up 350 baht internet package with DTAC. :cheers:

Kenny Bruce follows Zoe Ball's show which is also good listening apart from her annoying habit of calling everybody "My darling" :banghead:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Don't most devices and apps now run on 5G? Supposedly pretty good coverage here (85% claimed)
I've been using 5G for phone and laptop and all devices in the house. I moved to 5G 2 years ago.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It makes little difference- it’s simply a case that you need 4G or 5G to be able to use any of the music apps while on the go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ as per my previous post about Android Auto I must luckily be in the right G Spot :laugh: :cheers:

― George Carlin
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'm just an illiterate as far as 4G and 5G. I just go with the flow. Don't ask me why because I don't know. That said, I've never had a problem.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:41 pm I'm just an illiterate as far as 4G and 5G. I just go with the flow. Don't ask me why because I don't know. That said, I've never had a problem.
Sounds like it’s a case of the very poor sighted leading the blind then, but to be able to use the music (or any other app) in the car, you need to have Mobile Data (4G or 5G) turned on, at least that’s how I understand it!!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

As far as I'm aware whenever not using wi fi and you want coverage anywhere you have to turn on Mobile data.

― George Carlin