Suan Son Beach

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Big Boy

Re: Suan Son Beach

Post by Big Boy »

Just for clarification, AFAIK motorcycles were always free.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Used to be 10 baht for bikes but I'm talking a long time ago.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Big Boy wrote:Just for clarification, AFAIK motorcycles were always free.
At least it was free a few weeks ago.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

This was several years ago but just for clarification:
There is a low entrance fee of 10 baht for motorbikes, 20 baht for cars and 40-80 baht for buses (depending on the size).
http://www.huahininthailand.com/2014/10 ... uahin.html
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

ImageGo to this beach most days the following sign has been here for a couple of months now, but sure there as always been a sign stating prices on the guard hut window. 10 baht motorbikes, 20baht cars, etc
Attachments
IMG_20230221_063230.jpg
IMG_20230221_063230.jpg (136.76 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Scout wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:10 am
STEVE G wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:54 pm Yes, the 20bt is for parking and it's hit and miss, sometimes you get charged and other times not.
I don’t go there all that often but over about 15 years I’ve been there a dozen or more times and never knew anything about a 20 baht entrance or parking fee. I always just drive slowly as I pass the guard shack, have never seen any indication that they wanted me to stop. Also, I’m not 100% sure but I think there have been times when there was nobody in the guard shack. I went there last week while looking for a lost dog, the guard shack was occupied but I drove slowly, made eye contact with the guard and was not flagged to stop.
100% agree. I use the golf course driving range and/or the beach 5 days a week and didn't even know about fees. Half the time nobody in booth. I usually get there around 9

During the week the beach is perfect. Little busy at weekends though
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Circumstances dictated a visit to Cha Am beach today and it has only reinforced my preference for Suan Son. Perhaps some like the incessant vendors bothering you and charity seekers plus the usual lottery vendors but it does not enhance my stay. Not my choice today and tolerated due to the company I am with, very busy here which is good for the economy but I will continue to avoid whenever possible.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Gregjam wrote:Circumstances dictated a visit to Cha Am beach today and it has only reinforced my preference for Suan Son. Perhaps some like the incessant vendors bothering you and charity seekers plus the usual lottery vendors but it does not enhance my stay. Not my choice today and tolerated due to the company I am with, very busy here which is good for the economy but I will continue to avoid whenever possible.
Cha Am is worse (busier) than HH at the weekends when the Bangkokians descend - mid-week it’s a lot quieter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

If you travel from Cha Am towards HH for about 6km, take the left turn immediately after The Energy building and before the petrol station. At the end turn right by the Springfield resort and between there and the Veranda Hotel, the beach is usually not too busy and they have beachside bars/restaurants at reasonable prices. A good choice for a midweek place to relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk