House Bricks

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Re: House Bricks

Post by Gregjam »

If you use what3words and go to ///sauna.setups.misbehaved it will take you to where the wall is.
So much better than google maps.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Fairly close to Palm Gate.

Go past Wijitra Village with the entrance on your right. About half a mile down that road there is a fork, go right. Stay on that road heading (on a back road) towards Black Mountain. The road is quite bendy, and you will pass a village built around a small lake, and go past a couple of what I can only describe as mansions, all on your left. Eventually you will go around a bend where they seem to be building a small sports complex on the right, and 'the wall' will be on your left. Across from the wall is a large estate with solar panels on their roofs. Basically in the middle of nowhere.

I'm fairly sure its the light brown area in the overhead view with a rectangle in it.
View.jpg
View.jpg (186.38 KiB) Viewed 752 times
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

rather a strange 3 words for such an innocuous address
lord knows what some places might be worded as
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:27 pm
bigston wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:49 am Steve and BB
as ive never driven out that way, could you advise roughly where this "long brick wall " is ?
perhaps a pin or near some existing place i can google map
Thanks
I've tried to re-create the drive on StreetView, and I'm fairly sure the wall is on this piece of land on the left hand side. If it's not, its only a few hundred yards further on. Unfortunately Google StreetView is out of date, and the system throws a wobbler when you continue on that road.

Across the road is a massive solar powered estate.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.586955, ... 384!8i8192
Yes, that's it, that sign for 38 rai of land for sale is the plot the wall is now built around. As long as you get on that road, you can't miss it, it's at least 100m long and the best wall for miles around!
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

Thanks BB and Steve, appreciated.
i will have the navigator take me there for a Sticky...
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

There is a brickworks here:

https://goo.gl/maps/bsDqg5dWeF8oBqkj7

Where it says 'building materials store, it is in reality a brickworks. Its on the same unnamed road as immigration. If leaving immigration, turn left to head south, and just keep going. Straight across the lights and then you will eventually see it on your left. Widely used locally, but you really need to visit yourself to check the quality.
Talk is cheap
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Just as caller explains..This little brick-works is great. They do ornate slabs also..Standard bricks are dense & heavy, and there is an option of 'lego' style red bricks also..I got the standard smooth-topped ones at 12b each, plus 100b for delivery..The staff are friendly towards farangs also.
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

Thanks caller and usual s
sounds like a gold strike
ill head on over after they have sobered up, next week. :thumb: