Hua Hin hospital special medical clinic

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin hospital special medical clinic

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ok sorry if I posted wrong info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Bubba1 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:43 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:38 am Look here viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36698
I think this is different than the express clinic
DB is correct it is exactly the same specific clinic which is talked about in the link he gave
"SMC Located on the 5th floor, building behind the main hospital, open Monday to Friday between 16.30 and 20.30, Saturday and Sunday between 8.00 an 14.00"
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I use that clinic, more by accident than design. It is very similar to the Premium Clinic, but not quite as good. My impression is it is aimed more at Thais. Mrs BB and I have quarterly check-ups, so it makes sense that we go together.

Ironically Mrs BB has had a few extra problems recently, and she is using the Premium Clinic and I am using this clinic. The similarities are so much alike, it is hard to spot the difference.

My recommendation is, if you can make the Premium Clinic times, use the Premium Clinic. However, both services are great value for money.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Big Boy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:17 am I use that clinic, more by accident than design. It is very similar to the Premium Clinic, but not quite as good. My impression is it is aimed more at Thais. Mrs BB and I have quarterly check-ups, so it makes sense that we go together.

Ironically Mrs BB has had a few extra problems recently, and she is using the Premium Clinic and I am using this clinic. The similarities are so much alike, it is hard to spot the difference.

My recommendation is, if you can make the Premium Clinic times, use the Premium Clinic. However, both services are great value for money.
Sorry BB I don't quite understand, the SMC and PC are not the same ? And where is the PC located ?
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

Big Boy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:17 am I use that clinic, more by accident than design. It is very similar to the Premium Clinic, but not quite as good. My impression is it is aimed more at Thais. Mrs BB and I have quarterly check-ups, so it makes sense that we go together.

So the premium clinic is during the day and the special in the evenings and all day Saturday?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Exactly the same place. The SMC offers very similar services, but not quite as good e.g.

- You have to check in at window 1 instead of at the clinic.
- Blood collection has to be done on floor 2 instead of at the clinic. Albeit, at those times, queues are not as horrendous.
- Meds are collected from the main pharmacy instead of the inpatients pharmacy. Again because of the times, queues are not horrendous.
- I need a B12 injection. Premium Clinic it is done in the clinic. This clinic I have to go to room 47.

Small, but subtle differences

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Big Boy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:40 am Exactly the same place. The SMC offers very similar services, but not quite as good e.g.

- You have to check in at window 1 instead of at the clinic.
- Blood collection has to be done on floor 2 instead of at the clinic. Albeit, at those times, queues are not as horrendous.
- Meds are collected from the main pharmacy instead of the inpatients pharmacy. Again because of the times, queues are not horrendous.
- I need a B12 injection. Premium Clinic it is done in the clinic. This clinic I have to go to room 47.

Small, but subtle differences
Thanks for the information :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As I say, it is a similar service for Thais offered outside of working hours. You see very few Farang at this quite busy clinic. Because it is busy, waiting times can be a little longer. Last Saturday, because I told them I had recently recovered from Covid, the doctor gave me the works. I must have been in the consultation room for 30 minutes. Quality of service is not lost by being a Farang in a predominantly Thai clinic.

And yes joelle, I can understand your confusion. A few of my friends get confused that there are 2 versions of the same clinic, but TIT :D.

Points 48; Position 20
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Do both SMC and PC accept farangs and Thais?

YNWA

YNWA
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yes
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:I use that clinic, more by accident than design. It is very similar to the Premium Clinic, but not quite as good. My impression is it is aimed more at Thais. Mrs BB and I have quarterly check-ups, so it makes sense that we go together.

Could I ask if the evening clinic is busy, in your experience? Possibly busier than the premium clinic but less hassle than normal daytime for Thais that can afford to pay a bit?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

hhinner wrote:
Big Boy wrote:I use that clinic, more by accident than design. It is very similar to the Premium Clinic, but not quite as good. My impression is it is aimed more at Thais. Mrs BB and I have quarterly check-ups, so it makes sense that we go together.

Could I ask if the evening clinic is busy, in your experience? Possibly busier than the premium clinic but less hassle than normal daytime for Thais that can afford to pay a bit?
Already answered above. Didn't see the later posts.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Big Boy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:17 am My recommendation is, if you can make the Premium Clinic times, use the Premium Clinic. However, both services are great value for money.
What are the Premium Clinic times?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Monday to Friday 08:00 until 16:00. Doctor actually arrives between 09:00 and 09:15.

I can't swear to those time because the HHH web page has vanished. I'm fairly sure though.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just re-read the article in the OP link, and was thinking that some of it was inaccurate. Then I looked at the article date that was over 2 years old.

Points 48; Position 20