Scooter without cramped seating position

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Scooter without cramped seating position

Post by Gregjam »

Is there such a thing as a scooter of around 125cc which a 176cm tall person can ride comfortably. In the past most seats were single level and you could slide back a bit farther but most newer ones seem to have a stepped seat which makes this uncomfortable. They all seem to be made for shorter people and you are forced into a hunched over position with your knees hanging out the sides. Okay for a short trip into town but for anything a bit more adventurous the numb bum syndrome soon sets in.
Our current Scoopy is typical, a nice scooter but not comfortable for longer trips. We got rid of the 155 Aerox for similar reasons and it also chafed the knees. I don’t want to upgrade to a large pcx type and like the convenience of a twist and go.
Any suggestions?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Scooter without cramped seating position

Post by STEVE G »

I know people who have had this problem and one solution is to buy an aftermarket seat that doesn't have a step in it.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

The Vespa 125S is very upright and at 1.86m I find it comfortable and far from cramped, even 2 up!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

custom seat seems a better idea than a different scooter. Try these guys:
https://k-speed.com/en/collections/full-customs

If you know what you want, for what scooter, not sure if they make for Scoopy, but Diablo seats are on the internet/LAZ

Also non Diablo seats on the internet, as I noticed they have for Scoopy, again LAZ & Shopee

Found them thru this vid: