Revamp at Poolsuk Plaza

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Revamp at Poolsuk Plaza

Post by usual suspect »

Did I read this week that the almost defunct Poolsuk Plaza has been revamped & re-branded..? Maybe now goes under the title 'Hua Hin beach Club.'.? The snippet I saw it was gonna cater for a broad range of folk...kids club, yoga/aerobics, then maybe beers after dark..? Any more news about this..??
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Revamp at Poolsuk Plaza..

Post by Pagey »

I've seen the ads on FB for a few days now so picked my son up from school at 5.30 and drove down there with the intention of eating and hope he would find someting to do and some other kids to play with other than look at videos on his phone.
I was in the car so obviously centre of town not the easiest place to find a parking spot close by so a 5 minute walk to the venue.
It was deserted, most units not occupied, I think just 2 units open selling drinks. Poster outside for Europa mentioned food available incl pizza so I though ok, we will settle for a drink and a pizza for my son.
Have you got a menu I asked ? We don't do food, it's Tuesday.......................Of course I should have known, folks don't eat dinner on a Tuesday.......
No mention on their numerous ads of no food on a Tuesday and most units not yet occupied.
Absolutely dead, not the ideal location for a kids place, no parking, turn it back into an adults venue although I used to frequent this area more than 12 years ago it was ok then with some live music of sorts.
That's my ten penneth US.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Revamp at Poolsuk Plaza..

Post by caller »

Pagey wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:34 pm Have you got a menu I asked ? We don't do food, it's Tuesday.......................Of course I should have known, folks don't eat dinner on a Tuesday.......
:lach:

Only in Thailand!
Talk is cheap
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Revamp at Poolsuk Plaza

Post by usual suspect »

Well Pagey..I'm laughing as much as Caller at your visit :D
Indeed ..years ago when there were many units, lots of seating and a dance area it was a pleasant place to go.
THEN (if I'm correct) a Farang did a rental-deal on the whole complex, then left it in charge of his wife/girlfriend..she in turn became greedy, wanting more rent from each unit, and started being a cow..(like so many Thai women who suddenly get power & money)..
...Units soon became empty, no money coming in, it then all closed.
OK, so customers have to fast on Tuesdays, but it's a big venture to open now.. as low-season has really set in.. :?

Mod edit: debate over name spelling moved here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=41496