Football (not Premier League)

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Football (not Premier League)

Post by Dannie Boy »

A bit like yesterday’s thread on heads and hats - if the hat fits, wear it!! (Shower proof variety)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:11 pm A bit like yesterday’s thread on heads and hats - if the hat fits, wear it!! (Shower proof variety)!!
:D :thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Love it!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

What do they say, “you can’t keep a good player down”?

Bayern Munich striker Harry Kane scored twice in their 4-2 victory over Heidenheim on Saturday to lift them provisionally into top spot in the Bundesliga while extending his own record-breaking scoring run in Germany, having bagged 21 goals in 15 matches in the Bundesliga and the Champions League.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

caller wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:49 am Rooney's doing well since he took over at Brum, played 3, lost 3. Be interesting to see if he turns it around. Ipswich and Sunderland next, before facing bottom club, Sheffield Wednesday.
After another loss on Saturday he's taken them from 5th to 15th or something like that. What a bizarre decision to change managers! Birmingham were sitting 5th in the Championship. In October :? .

(Delayed weekend football comments is due to a 3 day tech break by the bye. I recognise it's now Mon/Tue. Marbles not yet lost :D )
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Ouch, his teammates must have been pissed.

I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Thugs off the pitch, Prima Donnas and Fakers on it - what's not to love about the "Beautiful Game" eh? Somewhat of a joke if this guy isn't arrested and criminal charges brought...... And of course some severe penalties for the club.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1734293635900887337

We'll see.....
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As I've written on the Thai football thread. A Chinese team attacked Buriram, who did little to defend themselves. 3 Buriram players suspended for between 6 and 8 matches. What the Turk did in comparison was minor.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:04 am As I've written on the Thai football thread. A Chinese team attacked Buriram, who did little to defend themselves. 3 Buriram players suspended for between 6 and 8 matches. What the Turk did in comparison was minor.
Well disgraceful in any instance, but there always seems to be the excuse when violence committed is "on the pitch" - rugby is clearly guilty of this on occasion, but should only go so far. It's a wholly different scenario when off the pitch as such and committed by a Manager or Coach. Many will disagree with me I'm sure, but hell - I'm married to the LHG and have a Welsh Mother, I have experience!! :D :roll: :wink:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There was also the incident in 2014 when the Prachuap Chairman led a drunken charge of supporters against the Hua Hin City team. Hua Hin City players were hospitalised. He was given a life time ban from football, but is still the Chairman of Prachuap FC 9 years on. TIT and money talks.

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:51 am There was also the incident in 2014 when the Prachuap Chairman led a drunken charge of supporters against the Hua Hin City team. Hua Hin City players were hospitalised. He was given a life time ban from football, but is still the Chairman of Prachuap FC 9 years on. TIT and money talks.
Well, what can you say? Utter disgrace and hiding behind money (more-so) and sport. It seems you can expect it in the Football (Sporting) Leagues of Thailand, South America or Africa perhaps.... And then of course be perceived as a racist - but sadly it seems the problem lies everywhere and is growing.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Fortunately, as with most things, it is the few who spoil it for the many. I'm sure the guy's actions were well out of character, and driven by alcohol.

As an aside, he sat next to me down at True Arena earlier this year when Prachuap played Ratchaburi in a pre-season friendly. He actually seemed a decent guy. However, how many nice guys have we encountered who can't handle their booze? Jekyll and Hyde characters.

Points 48; Position 20
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:36 am Thugs off the pitch, Prima Donnas and Fakers on it - what's not to love about the "Beautiful Game" eh? Somewhat of a joke if this guy isn't arrested and criminal charges brought...... And of course some severe penalties for the club.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1734293635900887337

We'll see.....
Can't open it unfortunately, and I absolutely refuse to open an X account.

EDIT: Not to worry, it's all over the place.
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:33 pm ..... I absolutely refuse to open an X account.
And the same here - I just use posts from "X" that have been dropped of various news/sports outlets. I am definitely not one (membership-wise) for the likes of "X", "Facebook", Tik-Tok and the like..... Now, lost on the other hand!!

:cheers: :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Harry Kane sets another record by being the quickest to score 20 goals in the Bundesliga (14 games) - there’s no stopping him!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67744828