Sam Roi Yot viewpoints

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
caller
Hero
Hero

Sam Roi Yot viewpoints

Post by caller »

After some help please.

How do I get to this general area and viewpoints? Is it in the national park, or just outside?

Or is it two different areas?

Pics taken from the 'net.

Thanks.
khao-sam-roi-yot-marsh-wetlands-800x600.jpg
khao-sam-roi-yot-marsh-wetlands-800x600.jpg (82.19 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
IMG_5047.JPG
(332.93 KiB) Downloaded 1121 times
Talk is cheap
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Sam Roi Yot viewpoints

Post by STEVE G »

I've never been there but maybe this?
https://www.google.com/travel/entity/ke ... ACoECgAaAA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The second place looks like the walkway across the lake with the lotus flowers. My son and wife were going to visit a few weeks ago, but it was closed for repairs. It would be worth checking to see if it is open before you go.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

caller wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:39 am After some help please.

How do I get to this general area and viewpoints? Is it in the national park, or just outside?

Or is it two different areas?

Pics taken from the 'net.

Thanks.

khao-sam-roi-yot-marsh-wetlands-800x600.jpg

IMG_5047.JPG

Sorry the link is not working
You can find out on Facebook page Hua Hin Today and type in the search "Sam roi yot"
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Refurbished recently.

Google Hua Hin Today newspaper if the link is not allowed.

https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-new ... k-reopens/
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Many thanks for everyone's help. From the links, I found it's name and a search on google maps for Bueng Bua Wood Boardwalk didn't get past the 2nd name, before it came up. 45 minutes, door to door. If I go this weekend, I will report back.

Thanks again.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

caller wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:46 pm If I go this weekend, I will report back.
If you go, can you please include wheelchair accessibility in your report. The occasional step or two is not a problem. I'm also interested in how much they charge for a Farang - I believe one ticket includes all Sam Roi Yod attractions on the day of issue, but what is the cost please?

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

caller wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:46 pm Many thanks for everyone's help. From the links, I found it's name and a search on google maps for Bueng Bua Wood Boardwalk didn't get past the 2nd name, before it came up. 45 minutes, door to door. If I go this weekend, I will report back.

Thanks again.
Can't wait to read all about it
Also please can you find out if the pink id card gives the same entrance fee as Thais, assuming dual prices
Have a great time
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

I was there a year ago and it was still under renovation. I don't think any of the pavilions were accessible when I visited.
Very scenic.
I recall Google Maps sending us on an offroad trip and we had to turn back due to deep water on the dirt road. Was good fun though...
200thb for foreigners, 40thb for Thais. Didn't like that especially as it wasn't really open but had my sister and granny visiting so had to cough-up.
GN.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been looking at the photos on SteveG's link, and it looks well worth 200฿ for a one time visit. It looks as though you could easily waste away a couple of hours. I don't think I'll leave it too long before I'm push the wheelchair around. Recently refurbished, there should be little or no chance off dropping a wheel through the walkway :D

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I will report back if we go, depends on weather really.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - I actually thought about going tomorrow, but too much of a risk of my wife getting caught in a heavy shower.

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

As the weather was good, we visited earlier today. The plan was to get there for 08.00 when the park opens, but in the end we arrived at about 08.30. 200 baht entry for farangs - including those with pink ID cards - and 40 baht for Thais. But as said before, if you visit other attractions around the park, you just show your already paid for tickets to enter, without further payment.

We arrived before the small shop there had opened, but the small boat operators were already in place. Basically the area consists of a car park, a small shop, toilets, access to the boats and a learning centre. We were the 2nd car there and it was only by the time we had almost returned back, about 2 hours later, that a number of other visitors had arrived and were entering the boardwalk.

I would imagine visiting when all the lotus plants are in full bloom would be stunning, but the wetland is still interesting without that, with bird life, fish and we also saw a small green snake on the boardwalk in front of us, but then it decided to go for a swim! Information around the boardwalk was generally in Thai and English, with just a view being Thai only. My favourite part of the walk was the viewpoint, which you climb up to via 4/5 flights of stairs, all very sturdy and safe.

But the glory for me was the peaks right in front of you, and pretty much as far as you can see.

BB, it's whole length is definitely wheel chair friendly in it's entirety. There are also several pavilions offering shelter. Basically you walk to the end, or as far as you choose to go, then walk back. The further you go around, the more the view opens up. But you don't need to get right to the end to see that.

Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Wow!!! Thank you caller. That looks a very long boardwalk through a beautiful part of the country. Decisions now. Do I make the trip soon, and miss the lotus flowers? I have a lot of visitors coming February/March - do I wait until then, still missing the lotus flowers? Do I wait until July when there will be lotus flowers, but risk weather damage to the boardwalk?

In areas of dual pricing, I will normally only visit once out of personal principals. I guess I might have to make an exception if I opt for option 1 or 2, and then want to see the flowers in bloom later.

Do you have any idea how long the boardwalk is from start to finish? The way I read it, you bought your tickets before actually getting there. Where was the ticket office please?

Points 48; Position 20