Buffet breakfasts

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Buffet breakfasts

Post by Gregjam »

A friend and his Thai wife plus young daughter will stay in Hua Hin for a week soon and she likes buffet breakfasts. They will be staying between Hua Hin and Khao Takiab.
Can anyone offer suggestions for places open to non residents with good buffets, reasonable prices and no large group tours, particularly the noisy ones from neighbouring countries.
Big Boy

Re: Buffet breakfasts

Post by Big Boy »

Not sure if they still do it, but 94 Restaurant used to do a buffet breakfast.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

The Thipurai City Hotel in the centre of town have a board outside advertising one but I've never tried it.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Beware hot dogs in place of sausages. :laugh:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

To me, plastic sausage and buffet go together. As do cold eggs and plastic ham.

Points 48; Position 20
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

Hilton or Marriott
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I did consider saying the Marriott, but didn't because of the 'Reasonable Prices' clause.

As soon as somebody states 'Reasonable Prices' what might seem expensive to somebody living local, probably sounds a bargain to somebody on holiday. It makes a recommendation very difficult.

Points 48; Position 20
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Not real reasonable but on Sundays McFarland house used to offer a fantastic brunch. Great quality. But we haven't been in a few years. I saw a ad for it recently so still open.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

migrant wrote:Not real reasonable but on Sundays McFarland house used to offer a fantastic brunch. Great quality. But we haven't been in a few years. I saw a ad for it recently so still open.
I have been twice. First time before COVID, great. Last one 3 weeks ago and no longer impressed when considering the price.

A much better option is to check when Sheraton has their Sunday brunch (unfortunately not so regular). Imho a much better option than McFarland House with much better selection of food, drinks and far less in price.

YNWA

YNWA
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

huahin4ever wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:32 pm
migrant wrote:Not real reasonable but on Sundays McFarland house used to offer a fantastic brunch. Great quality. But we haven't been in a few years. I saw a ad for it recently so still open.
I have been twice. First time before COVID, great. Last one 3 weeks ago and no longer impressed when considering the price.

A much better option is to check when Sheraton has their Sunday brunch (unfortunately not so regular). Imho a much better option than McFarland House with much better selection of food, drinks and far less in price.

YNWA
For me the McFarland price always takes into account the intimacy of the venue and the 'down on the beach' setting, also the quick and close attention of waitstaff almost on your shoulder for easy refreshing of glasses (I'm giving away one of the attractions of brunch for me). The champagne brunch package there has always been my top choice. I know should try the Sheraton option to compare, as you have.

(this topic is about breakfasts, but thought I'd just reply once on brunches anyway)
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

404cameljockey wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:46 pm
huahin4ever wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:32 pm

YNWA
For me the McFarland price always takes into account the intimacy of the venue and the 'down on the beach' setting, also the quick and close attention of waitstaff almost on your shoulder for easy refreshing of glasses (I'm giving away one of the attractions of brunch for me). The champagne brunch package there has always been my top choice. I know should try the Sheraton option to compare, as you have.

(this topic is about breakfasts, but thought I'd just reply once on brunches anyway)
IMHO (very humble) the Sheraton is good and bigger but McFarland house (at least pre covid) was better quality. Sounds like I need to try it again.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

A cheaper option might be the Ibis in Takiab.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

hhinner wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:39 pm A cheaper option might be the Ibis in Takiab.
Is this in reference to buffet breakfasts or brunch ?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Scout wrote:
hhinner wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:39 pm A cheaper option might be the Ibis in Takiab.
Breakfast.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Scout wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:46 pm
Their breakfast is iffy, but the lunch buffet is usually quite good for the price point, About 250 baht, so don't expect much.

When we stay there, never get the brekkie, unless 'free', as not a big brekkie eater. But always peek at the lunch buffet before leaving, and if one or 2 items are interesting, will sit for the pig out. Partial to the lemon pork loin when available.