The End Of Border Runs From Oct 1, 2006

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

I would never hand my passport over to someone I don't know and even if I knew them I would think very very hard about it.
I'm sure most of us have been asked to fork over our passports at one time or another to some non-gov't person, hotel or whatever.
To save face for everyone I point to the part that says "Property of HM gov't" and tell them its not mine to hand over but you can photocopy it in my presence.
Onlyme
Professional
Professional

Post by Onlyme »

An aquaintence of mine asked for advice a few months ago about visa's etc. Took no notice of me and went and got A N other person to get him a 1 year non imm o from the UK. 3 hundred pounds or thereabouts (ripped off or what?) He then came and told me all would be well. I said , "if it was that easy everyone would be getting them."
I then lectured him on what was about/could happen to him. A blind immigration official could probably see the scam from a mile away and at the best, he would have his passport stamped void and given a 1 month VOA, at the worst he could end up in IDC personna non gratis and out of LOS.
Needless to say, 300 quid lighter with VOA. He's now told me that he's going to get it "sorted" next month.
Nothing like a fool and his money! :cuss:
¼Ã
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

Did you hear about the Scandinavian businessman who came to BKK a few months ago, took a few domestic flights, checked into 3 hotels, and not until leaving 10 days later discovered he had his wife's passport. When departing, the imm officer arranged it so the airline just changed names on the ticket, putting his wifes' name there instead to get rid of him...
a bit off track, but couldn't resist :shock: