Trying to buy a house in Hua Hin

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
blobtec
Rookie
Rookie

Trying to buy a house in Hua Hin

Post by blobtec »

When i was in Hua Hin in July me and my Thai wife found a house in Dusita. After agreeing a price we left a diposit of 100,000 bhatt, and we were told that if we pulled out the deposit would be lost. After buying furniture and getting quotes for the kitchen we were informed two weeks after that the vendors had changed thier mind and the house was not now for sale. Although we got our deposit back we should have been paid double as they pulled out off the deal. The agent was not very helpful to say the least, and were rude to my wife on one occation when i was not there. This agent is in the same main road as the Hilton hotel, who shall remain nameless.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Did your contract say you would get 2X your deposit back or is that just the way you feel?
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

I dont think it is normal to get double your deposit back, if i was selling i would not sign a contract saying that.
As far as the agent being rude, maybe your wife was angry when she visited, which is understandable, the agent may well have had to be firm. I have seen this happen before, if the seller no longer wants to sell there is nothing the agent can do about it - it happens a lot!
If your contract said you get double back then you have a valid point.
kiwi P

Post by kiwi P »

johnnyk wrote:Did your contract say you would get 2X your deposit back or is that just the way you feel?

Is no way this would be put into a contract,but i have seen 10% in contracts as circumstance's do occure,but thats here not sure bout Thailand..

I think you jumped the gun also,was only a deposit,i would of waited till signed sealed delivered...

Jingle Bells..

:cheers: Peace Out..
Every day is a good day 6ft above the ground
kmm
Rookie
Rookie

Damages

Post by kmm »

It is quite common to have a damages clause in Thai sales and purchase agreements, but as has already been stated it depends on the wording in the contract. Take the contract along to a professional and get some advice. Your original solicitor would be the best starting point as he presumably drew the agreement up. [ Edited by Admin ]
:)
"Stay Flexible & Expect The Unexpected - This Is Thailand!"