Looking for a part time House Cleaner

Hua Hin classifieds has been reopened, please read the classifieds posting rules before you submit an ad.
Sciamachy

Looking for a part time House Cleaner

Post by Sciamachy »

Can any one suggest how I might find someone to do light house cleaning once a week? A Thai national would be fine, but a Burmese national would be ideal as my Burmese is better than my Thai.

Does anyone know the going rate for such services?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Would the Burmese citizen have a work permit and pay taxes?
Sciamachy

Post by Sciamachy »

Is that meant to be anti-Burmese? There are a fair bit of far more fortunate Western vistors in Thailand who don't have work permits or pay taxes, who are very prone to whine about Thai immigration being xenophobic....
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Sciamachy,
Try this link http://www.observergroup.net/freeads.htm or look in the classifieds in the Observer (same thing). There is one ad there for House cleaning.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Sciamachy wrote:Is that meant to be anti-Burmese? There are a fair bit of far more fortunate Western vistors in Thailand who don't have work permits or pay taxes, who are very prone to whine about Thai immigration being xenophobic....
A rai?
No, it wasn't meant to mean anything like that - as you'll see from my previous posts.
My Uncle, who basically lived in India, was actually Burmese. I have a friend who is barred for life from entering the country because of what he's written about the regime.
It wasn't a dig at you, but I've passed through Ranong province on many occasions and the Thais I've spoken to on the bus are proud of the number of illegal Burmese they employ on their fruit farms. They look down at them. I don't like it.
Sorry, I took your post wrong.
Sciamachy

Post by Sciamachy »

Glad you are sympathetic.

There seems to be a fairly large community of Burmese in HH, some registered and some not. I thought one of them might appreciate the extra work and provide me an avenue into a different part of the local population.
Hervelon

Post by Hervelon »

I am although looking for a part time cleaner, do you know what is a normal rate of pay? and have you found soemone?
And i like both Thai or Burmese!
Sciamachy

Post by Sciamachy »

Sorry, I never found anyone. You can imagine the mess my house must be...
vincent chang
Banned
Banned

houscleaner.

Post by vincent chang »

I met a girl named jane, she works at a hotel by day cleaning up there, but at night she works at the monsoon bar downtown. she really cleaned up my bathroom and bedroom as well as taking good care of me as well. perhaps this belongs in the night crawlers section, Im bad.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Yes, you are!!
I intend to live forever - so far so good.