Bandwidth

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
PeteC

Bandwidth

Post by PeteC »

Read in the Bangkok Post that CAT has applied to purchase 600 MB of above to Europe and the USA via the Indian Ocean. This will be used in conjunction with the 6 fiber optic lines they use under the Pacific, 4 of which were cut 10 days ago due to the Taiwan earthquake.

Maybe improvements here will be coming???? I don't know however if 600 MB is significant? Pete :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Its a drop in the ocean but at least its a start I guess. They really should start spending on international bandwidth if they want to bring this country out of the dark ages technology wise.

I wonder if I can download my email in under 17 minutes with the new upgrades
:rant:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

As an update. following statistics are as of today:

Population- Bandwidth

Hong Kong- 6,910,231- 100 Gigabits

Singapore- 4,462,026- 80 Gigabits

Thailand- 64,917,427- 10.5 Gigabits

I think quite clear that Thailand see's the internet as a threat, rather than a very valuable tool to educate and advance people. Pete :roll: :([/b]
buksida

Post by buksida »

prcscct wrote: I think quite clear that Thailand see's the internet as a threat, rather than a very valuable tool to educate and advance people.
Not surprising really when Thailand's ICT look towards countries like China and Burma for internet censorship guidance and advice.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
SuperTonic
Suspended
Suspended

Post by SuperTonic »

600MB is pretty insignificant. That would supply 600 uk homes at low speeds, 80ish at typical speeds (ie 8mb which is what I'm on).