Current Housing Market

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
hogus
Professional
Professional

Post by hogus »

Hi, Burger, nice to see you back on the road! :wink:
Burger wrote:Personally I still think the Company route is better.Burger
May I ask you a private question, please?
Why you didn't go this route by yourself, if it's so perfectly?
If I can remind correctly you wrote, that your projects are under your Thai-wife’s name, include your “ownâ€
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Why you didn't go this route by yourself, if it's so perfectly?
Hi Hogus,

Yes I have gone the company route myself, where appropriate, and I've never said it's 'perfect'.

Burger
hogus
Professional
Professional

Post by hogus »

Burger wrote:Yes I have gone the company route myself, where appropriate, and I've never said it's 'perfect'.
aaahh...ok...means something you made under your wife's name, something by company-route, right?
Well, than I hope that this "mixture" will preserve you from disagreeable surprises!
You know, it's Amazing Thailand........ rather a dog creates his own stock of sausages, before a foreign investor can put trust into Thai-law/private agreements/contracts/ guarantees etc. ...just IMO, of course! :D

:cheers:
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

aaahh...ok...means something you made under your wife's name, something by company-route, right?
No, it doesn't mean that, it means her house is in her name and mine are in mine.

Nosey git.

Burger
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Burger wrote:
Nosey git.
Burger
:lach: What is a git :lach: hahahhahhahahahhaha
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

A git is a pregnant camel!
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I'm taking my ball and going home........
www.35mmview.com
hogus
Professional
Professional

Post by hogus »

Burger wrote:No, it doesn't mean that, it means her house is in her name and mine are in mine.
wowow...that's impressive...really in your name?....That just can mean you could invest 40 mio Baht in government-bonds!!! ...Congratulation, my friend! :D
I should start to think about being involved in the real-estate business, too, in future...hopefully it makes me also wealthy enough to buy a house in my name someday :D :D :D

:wink: :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I should start to think about being involved in the real-estate business, too, in future...hopefully it makes me also wealthy enough to buy a house in my name someday :D :D :D

:wink: :cheers:[/quote]

Perhaps you should learn a bit more about real estate before thinking about becoming an agent. The fact is you CAN own a house in your own name, and I do not mean a Condo.

Cheers
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Hogus,

You know perfectly well I mean't via company, as I'd said so a few posts back.

There's no need to try and stir things up, this was a sensible and informative thread for people.

Cheers mate,

Burger
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

• Are Non-Thai people still buying property in Thailand? Answer = yes
    Are Non-Thai people selling property in Thailand? Answer = yes
    Do homes selling 2nd hand make a profit? Answer = in most cases yes
    Is there concerns regarding foreign home ownership? Answer = yes
    Do people weigh up the concerns and still decide to buy? Answer = yes
    Do people weigh up the concerns and decide not to buy? Answer = yes
Not a lot has changed really!
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Fair Comment Jockey

Winkie
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
hogus
Professional
Professional

Post by hogus »

Nereus wrote:Perhaps you should learn a bit more about real estate before thinking about becoming an agent.
hahaha...no thanks, mate! I'm fine with my qualification, and I suppose that I never ever need do this kind of job! :D

Burger, nobody try to stir anything up, I just tried to follow your way of having/using clear words.
If you buy anything by company-route or in your wife's name, just say it! I don't see any problem about this, BUT, of course, I see a problem by telling around that something is bought in my name, and it isn't at last!
You know exactly, what I mean, right?

Yeah, Jockey is right....not so many things changed :(

Cheers, mates :cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I think Jockey's right, its just that this topic is now getting international coverage. Mainly to do with higher end stuff in Phuket or Bangers.

As stated elsewhere, there have been articles in the Times, on the Beeb and in various other places and the advice there and feedback from the larger, international real estate companies (a senior employee of one having now pulled out of Thailand citing the recently introduced "obstacles"), seems to be to "wait and see" what happens.

No-one seems to predicting a crash, but on the other hand, there does seem to be a slow down in traffic everywhere.

If Hua Hin is different then good luck to those taking the plunge! Its just that there are no figures and only JW seems prepared to provide a barometer?
Talk is cheap
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Burger, nobody try to stir anything up, I just tried to follow your way of having/using clear words.
If you buy anything by company-route or in your wife's name, just say it! I don't see any problem about this, BUT, of course, I see a problem by telling around that something is bought in my name, and it isn't at last!
Hogus, if you are going to pick me up on exact wording, then please go back and re-read what I wrote.
I said my houses are in my name, which they are. The land they sit on is another matter which I did not mention.

Understand mate ?

Burger