Surf 102.5

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Surf 102.5

Post by Kraka's Dad »

I like many others enjoy listening to this station but I have a strange situation which I wonder if anyone can explain.
I can listen in the hire car no problem. If I listen on the music centre in the condo the reception is poor unless I pull out the TV aerial then the reception is fine. :?
What makes it more puzzling is that I do not have that problem with other radio stations.

Any ideas?

:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

:roll: pull out the tv ariel
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

That does sound a bit strange Kraka’s Dad; if it’s is only happening on 102.5 the only thing I can think of is that you are getting a signal induced through the TV antenna shield that is getting into the receiver ground circuit and interfering with the reception. I don’t know how far you are from the transmitter but if you are very close that would affect things. Obviously this is a bit of a guess but the only thing I can suggest is fitting an independent earth to the receiver.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Jockey wrote::roll: pull out the tv ariel
Most helpful as always.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

STEVE G wrote:That does sound a bit strange Kraka’s Dad; if it’s is only happening on 102.5 the only thing I can think of is that you are getting a signal induced through the TV antenna shield that is getting into the receiver ground circuit and interfering with the reception. I don’t know how far you are from the transmitter but if you are very close that would affect things. Obviously this is a bit of a guess but the only thing I can suggest is fitting an independent earth to the receiver.
That's good advice. Sometimes the problem with FM and the solution are completely illogical. I had a similar problem a few years ago and an electrician told me to reverse the polarity of the mains feed to the amp. It was easy as it was a flat pinned plug with no earth. It solve the problem.

I believe that FM is very susceptible to emissions so both these suggestions are worth a try.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

ill pop in the studio and turn all the plugs round later
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Nice one Dave

Does the music play in reverse?

:lach:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Terry wrote:Nice one Dave

Does the music play in reverse?

:lach:
It does if he's DJing :thumb:
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

Any thing is possible with Thai blue flash electrics
maybe we can all listen to the subliminal messages in rock music when they are played in esrever
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

dr dave soul monsta wrote:ill pop in the studio and turn all the plugs round later
Make sure you stick em in the correct sockets though. If you need a hand give Lomu a call.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Guess wrote:
I had a similar problem a few years ago and an electrician told me to reverse the polarity of the mains feed to the amp. It was easy as it was a flat pinned plug with no earth. It solve the problem.
That’s a good idea as well, if you get a stray signal on the earth side of a circuit it will tend to null out any amplifiers. If you put it onto the positive side it will either get filtered out or even add to the signal depending on the type of equipment. If you swap polarity and the interference is coming from Surf, you might even get better reception.