Hua Hin kite festival

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
buksida

Hua Hin kite festival

Post by buksida »

Its supposed to be this month but as usual nothing is promoted.

Its usually quite a spectacle, a whole bunch of people having a chuck wow at the same time.

If anyone has any dates of info for this event please post them here.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin kite festival

Post by Nereus »

buksida wrote:
Its usually quite a spectacle, a whole bunch of people having a chuck wow at the same time.
Maybe somebody should PM Gaybob, he may like to join in. :D
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

it looks a s if the fair is in town also on neabkahards Rd , this is usually accompanied by massive street market in the same stretch
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

:mrgreen:

He'll be flying his kite at just the thought of it.
PeteC

Re: Hua Hin kite festival

Post by PeteC »

buksida wrote:Its supposed to be this month but as usual nothing is promoted.

If anyone has any dates of info for this event please post them here.
I thought that was 'len wow' for this particular subject....LOL. When some of our HHAD members get 'higher than a kite' we can tie a string to them and launch away!!. :laugh: Pete :cheers:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I remember there was a big kite festival last year on some land heading towards Cha Am, on the right, I was in Thailand this time last year so I imagine that was it, or are we talking about something different?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yeah its an annual event, like the jazz festival but without the jazz! It was on one of the army bases I think last year, never been but would like to see it this time round ... if I knew when and where it was being held!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Buksida, now you mention it, I seem to remember it being at the military base on the way to Cha Am, but I can't remember the exact date.