Photographs

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

Photographs

Post by lomuamart »

Came back from Burma early this morning and I was photographed by their immigration at Victoria Point. One of those small web cam things.
I couldn't believe it and with a can of Singha beer in my hand, I asked whether they wanted my left or right profile.
They just didn't seem to understand my humour. So they got a full face shot - and then had to take a second one because I still had the can of beer to my mouth.
I did behave afterwards and they got what they wanted. Suppose I've been crossed off their Christmas Card list now?
That's all a bit tongue in cheek, but basically it happened. I've also heard that visitors through Swampy are getting the same treatment. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: BTW, for anyone who goes down there, it's seriously hot and about 3 hours at sea isn't a joke. I look like a lobster now. :thumb:
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

For at least the last 6 months of Don Muang operation they had the we cam thingys taking pictures of you.

Now, in Suwanabhumi they don't use it.

I'm sure you realise that its best not to test the humour of Customs guys....in a similar light, one time,when visiting Nissan Sunderland, as the Security Guard looked through the little hatch of his Station window, I casually said '2 Choc Ices Please', they remembered me eveytime I visited, and made me park in the furthest Car Park.

Winkie
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

As I said, it wasn't that bad. However there's a grain of truth in my post. Immigration in Burma even remember my "nickname" - Mr. Beer.
However, it's easy to see the eyes and realise when they're having a bad day. That's the time to try and be sensible.
The cans of Singha stayed in the boat, but I managed to buy another two in Burma.
I hear what you're saying, Winkie. I've been down there more times than I care to remember. Our boatman must have been drunk because he was weaving left and right and smashing into everything that either moved or was stationery. Really, he nearly decapitated a few people on other boats as he was mooring.
So, I was quite glad to get to the other side in one piece. Tried to have a laugh with Burmese Immigration, but they weren't having it.
Smash into a couple of boats on the way back and make it back to Thailand before the tide's too low.
Thai Immigration at Ranong were as polite as always. A welcome back :thumb:
I must remember to do that extension!!